Reload this Page >

Hello all-NIE, Bank & Abogado help please - Oliva

Hello all-NIE, Bank & Abogado help please - Oliva

Old Dec 6th 2017, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Shademan is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello all-NIE, Bank & Abogado help please - Oliva

Hi All

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this request but as I'm new hopefully you'll bare with me.

Abogado-I'm coming over in February to look at property in the Oliva area and am looking for recommendations for a good abogado that can handle the property transaction and arrange a will.

I've been advised by the agent (Millet Olivahouses) that it would also be easier for the abogado to obtain the NIE. Can anyone advise on this as I'm lead to believe the alternative would be to go to the main Guardia Civil in Alicante with my passport, documents etc, but I'd also need to take a translator.

Bank- Both Sabadell and Caixa say on their websites that a bank account can be opened from the UK using your passport number. However, this isn't the case. Both responded after I'd submitted the account application that someone from the Oliva branch would contact me (that was two weeks ago).

I guess this will also have to be done when I come over. Any/all advice would be gratefully received.

Accountant- Finally, can anyone advise on this. Should I find an accountant straight away. The property will be used as a holiday home and not rented out.

Many thanks for your patience.

Regards

Stuart
Old Dec 6th 2017, 12:05 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all-NIE, Bank & Abogado help please - Oliva

The Welcome Inn is here for people to introduce themselves but you are asking specific questions so I am moving your post to the Spain Forum.

Rosemary
Old Dec 6th 2017, 12:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 1:23 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
we got our NIE from the police station in Gandia, cant see why you would need to go to Alicante? Have you tryed the deutsche bank in Gandia.?
its only 10 minutes drive from Oliva.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shademan
Hi All

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this request but as I'm new hopefully you'll bare with me.

Abogado-I'm coming over in February to look at property in the Oliva area and am looking for recommendations for a good abogado that can handle the property transaction and arrange a will.

I've been advised by the agent (Millet Olivahouses) that it would also be easier for the abogado to obtain the NIE. Can anyone advise on this as I'm lead to believe the alternative would be to go to the main Guardia Civil in Alicante with my passport, documents etc, but I'd also need to take a translator.

Bank- Both Sabadell and Caixa say on their websites that a bank account can be opened from the UK using your passport number. However, this isn't the case. Both responded after I'd submitted the account application that someone from the Oliva branch would contact me (that was two weeks ago).

I guess this will also have to be done when I come over. Any/all advice would be gratefully received.

Accountant- Finally, can anyone advise on this. Should I find an accountant straight away. The property will be used as a holiday home and not rented out.

Many thanks for your patience.

Regards

Stuart
Regarding the NIE certainly a lawyer will help and charge you for the service but if you are wanting a smooth process use a lawyer.
You will need a NIE for your bank account, and any other transactions you do. Don't know the region that well but , if you have no other recommendations, worth contacting a lawyer from the UK Govt recommended list :
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ist-of-lawyers

General advice when purchasing property steer clear of the lawyer recommended by the agent - find your own...

If you are not intending to rent the property out but simply use it for your own holiday home you will still have to file a tax declaration - a nominal amount is charged annually so you may need an acountant or a local "Gestor" - they provide such services and your lawyer will be able to recommend one , probably the one he uses to fix your NIE. There will also be local taxes to pay which you can organise as a direct debit once you have paid the first year.

As for your bank, they may want you to show up and provide a copy of your passport as well as your NIE for a national account.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I have purchased two properties from Millets (2008 and 2014) with no problems. I used the same Spanish lawyer (Colomer) and gave him power of attorney. He did everything for us including setting up our bank account together with all dd's for water,gas,IBI etc. He also arranged our NIE's. Once we gave the lawyer PoA all we did was transfer the money and pick up the keys. Our lawyer still has PoA on our bank account as it suits us to let him deal with ongoing matters.
I am not sure why you need an accountant, we do not have one.

Last edited by johnnyone; Dec 6th 2017 at 6:23 pm. Reason: Additional comment.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

For filling out the Tax form as a non resident property owner you may wish to use
Pablo Faus Bañuls.

GRUPO FAUS CONSULTORES SL
C/ Alfaro, 2 Entl.
46701 Gandia (Valencia)
Tel.962 965 859
Fax.962 840 268
E-mail: [email protected]

We have used Pablo's services for over 10yrs and all our tax obligations have been dealt with on time and with minimal fuss. His english is better than mine! His charges are low.
His office is by the railway station in Gandia.

As HeikeundAlan says, get your NIE at the Police station in Gandia.

Also before you come over photo copy your passport x 10 as everyone will want a souvenir!

You may even wish to consider Gandia as a place to stay, it has its attractions.

Get an impartial (not estate agent recommended) legal eagle to advise you of the local way of buying and selling in advance of parting with any cash

Good luck with your quest, quite a lot of us here seem to feel that renting is a good idea as you will better know the area and get the best deal price wise, neighbour wise and location wise. Rentals are a good deal also little commitment by comparison.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and bring a woolly hat, warm clothing, sunglasses and a hot-water bottle!
Old Dec 7th 2017, 8:10 am

I second jonboy´s recommendation. It is a family firm. Pablo is a lovely person with a strong history in banking and worked in London for a time. He has completed my tax returns for 11 years and also gives me very sound advice on money matters.

Rosemary
Old Dec 7th 2017, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

For an abogado you could do a lot worse than -
Francisco Corona
[email protected]
Tel 625834161.

Independent and saved me from buying something that would have cost me a lot of money.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Raimonda is an unknown quantity at this point

Don,t need lawyer. We just bought home in Isla Cristina. Sign purchase contract, take that and go to the police get your NIE. We did all docs true notary in Liepe, do abogado, no additional costs. Good luck.
Old Dec 14th 2017, 4:38 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raimonda
Don,t need lawyer. We just bought home in Isla Cristina. Sign purchase contract, take that and go to the police get your NIE. We did all docs true notary in Liepe, do abogado, no additional costs. Good luck.
??? But you don't need a "purchase contract" for an NIE - do you mean for residency?

You absolutely SHOULD have a lawyer or at least a gestor associated with a lawyer to do the conveyancing for you - so many things to check in Spain.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 10:50 am
Just Joined

rozzymoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I have purchased two properties from Millets (2008 and 2014) with no problems. I used the same Spanish lawyer (Colomer) and gave him power of attorney. He did everything for us including setting up our bank account together with all dd's for water,gas,IBI etc. He also arranged our NIE's. Once we gave the lawyer PoA all we did was transfer the money and pick up the keys. Our lawyer still has PoA on our bank account as it suits us to let him deal with ongoing matters.
I am not sure why you need an accountant, we do not have one.
Hi Johnnyone, your lawyer sounds great, can you supply his contact info please? thanks
Old Apr 19th 2018, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rozzymoo
Hi Johnnyone, your lawyer sounds great, can you supply his contact info please? thanks
I am not near my laptop at the minute but all the details you need should be on the website.
Joaquin Colomer
www.colomerlawyers.com