Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

british families in gandia

british families in gandia

Old Apr 4th 2017, 11:56 am
Just Joined

vicstiks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default british families in gandia

We are considering a move to spain with our 6 year old daughter and would like to make contact with anyone who has done similar. We would like to know about schools and your experiences...
Old Apr 6th 2017, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: british families in gandia

Pm sent
Old Apr 6th 2017, 3:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidinspain
Pm sent
He won't get it as he only has one post, he needs three before he can receive PMs.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

I'm not able to view this the message as I only have 1 private message
Old Apr 6th 2017, 7:11 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vicstiks
We are considering a move to spain with our 6 year old daughter and would like to make contact with anyone who has done similar. We would like to know about schools and your experiences...
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 7th 2017, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
He won't get it as he only has one post, he needs three before he can receive PMs.
Nobody tells me anything,
Quick cut and paste of the PM.
"Not a family in Gandia anymore.But we did move here when my daughter was six.(now just finished her degree in Spanish Lang and Lit in the UK) Are you thinking of the town or the outside areas like La Drova or Marchuquera? If so as there aren't as many children around to play with after school so picking up the language might take a bit longer. We bought an apartment in the town and sent our daughter to state school things went well for her as six is the ideal age to start school here.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 1:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davidinspain
Nobody tells me anything,
Quick cut and paste of the PM.
"Not a family in Gandia anymore.But we did move here when my daughter was six.(now just finished her degree in Spanish Lang and Lit in the UK) Are you thinking of the town or the outside areas like La Drova or Marchuquera? If so as there aren't as many children around to play with after school so picking up the language might take a bit longer. We bought an apartment in the town and sent our daughter to state school things went well for her as six is the ideal age to start school here.
Just for future reference, if it's not personal info and just general advice like that, it would be better if you could post it on the forum so that everybody can benefit from it. That way anybody joining in the future and searching posts will see it too.

Thanks.
Old Apr 7th 2017, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just for future reference, if it's not personal info and just general advice like that, it would be better if you could post it on the forum so that everybody can benefit from it. That way anybody joining in the future and searching posts will see it too.

Thanks.
As nobody had answered the OP's question I didn't think it would be of interest to anyone else.But point taken.
Old Apr 8th 2017, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for reply. We are looking at Benicolet?? and are visiting the British School in Gandia. We are over in a few weeks to look around the area., and hopefully look at other schools.
I'm guessing Benicolet is also quiet ?
Old Apr 8th 2017, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi, thanks for reply. We are looking at Benicolet?? and are visiting the British School in Gandia. We are over in a few weeks to look around the area., and hopefully look at other schools.
I'm guessing Benicolet is also quiet ?
Don't want to sound negative,but if you bus your child into Gandia for school when she's at home she won't have the connection with the local children,that being at school with them would bring.Benicolet being slightly more inland is more likely to teach more subjects in Valenciano rather than Spanish.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Louam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I was just wondering how you got on? We are considering moving to the area soon. My children are fluent in Spanish but was just wondering if you did move and settle Ok? Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2018, 1:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 12th 2018, 10:12 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louam
Hi I was just wondering how you got on? We are considering moving to the area soon. My children are fluent in Spanish but was just wondering if you did move and settle Ok? Thanks
I don't think you will get a reply from vicstiks

Last Activity: Jun 24th 2017 10:04 pm
Old Jan 12th 2018, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Louam is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah ok, thanks for letting me know. ☺ if any one else has feedback on the area that would be great. Thanks
Old Apr 18th 2018, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Lisa850900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are with a 7 year old
Girl , we will be there this May and August and then out full time next year . Would love to chat / meet up x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.