Hello All

Old Sep 20th 2017, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

SamN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello All

Hi everyone. My husband and I are looking to move to Chiclana de la Frontera with our four children (9yrs, 7yrs, 4yrs and 10 months) within the next year. We love the area, have been there many times and have possibilities for work. We have begun looking at the property market and have started to investigate schools etc. We are aware that language will be a barrier initially but thankfully I have a contact who is native Spanish and teaches Spanish here who is very happy to give us lessons before we go.

What we are finding difficult is where we can find a list of what paperwork/permissions etc we will need. We are looking to visit the area again in November and would like to be prepared if possible. We are currently living in England and all have British Passports. Can anyone here enlighten me on the best place to find this information?

Many thanks
Old Sep 20th 2017, 4:19 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello All

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 20th 2017, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamN
Hi everyone. My husband and I are looking to move to Chiclana de la Frontera with our four children (9yrs, 7yrs, 4yrs and 10 months) within the next year. We love the area, have been there many times and have possibilities for work. We have begun looking at the property market and have started to investigate schools etc. We are aware that language will be a barrier initially but thankfully I have a contact who is native Spanish and teaches Spanish here who is very happy to give us lessons before we go.

What we are finding difficult is where we can find a list of what paperwork/permissions etc we will need. We are looking to visit the area again in November and would like to be prepared if possible. We are currently living in England and all have British Passports. Can anyone here enlighten me on the best place to find this information?

Many thanks
For the first 90 days you are still considered a tourist ( unless you get work before that period is up ). Then you must :

1. Apply for a Foreign Resident's Number ( NIE ). Normally handled by a department fo the Police in the region. "Extranejos office " probably in Cadiz for Chiclana.

2. Prove you have health insurance for yourself and family

3. Have sufficient resources "Not to be a burden on the State " - a loose definition that seems to vary from region to region but at its minimum is roughly equivalent to the minimum wage.

This UK Govt guide is quite comprehensive : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/residenc...ments-in-spain

Lovely region
Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Thank you
Old Sep 20th 2017, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
For the first 90 days you are still considered a tourist ( unless you get work before that period is up ). Then you must :

1. Apply for a Foreign Resident's Number ( NIE ). Normally handled by a department fo the Police in the region. "Extranejos office " probably in Cadiz for Chiclana.

2. Prove you have health insurance for yourself and family

3. Have sufficient resources "Not to be a burden on the State " - a loose definition that seems to vary from region to region but at its minimum is roughly equivalent to the minimum wage.

This UK Govt guide is quite comprehensive :

Lovely region
I haven't been that far wrong which is good to know! Thank you for taking the time to reply
Old Sep 20th 2017, 8:54 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

As a Chiclana resident - the extranjeros office is in Chiclana so you won't need to go to Cádiz. This area is different to a lot of areas where there are lots of British Ex-pats - although more English is spoken than when I first came here in 2002.

If you any specific questions - fire away

Davexf
Old Sep 21st 2017, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

There have been a number of threads on here about the legality of a lot of the property in Chilana - so be very very wary if you are looking to buy. I believe here are steps to legalise many of them but this seems to have been going on for years. ISTR that the residents have there own FB/forum (I'm sure Dave will let you know about if you pm him)
We did look there once but we decided on further along the Costa de la Luz
Old Sep 21st 2017, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

As a Chiclana resident - the extranjeros office is in Chiclana so you won't need to go to Cádiz. This area is different to a lot of areas where there are lots of British Ex-pats - although more English is spoken than when I first came here in 2002.

If you any specific questions - fire away

Davexf
Thank you very much, that is one of the things we love about Chiclana. Thank you for the offer, I will be sure to pick your brains!
Old Sep 21st 2017, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MikeJ
There have been a number of threads on here about the legality of a lot of the property in Chilana - so be very very wary if you are looking to buy. I believe here are steps to legalise many of them but this seems to have been going on for years. ISTR that the residents have there own FB/forum (I'm sure Dave will let you know about if you pm him)
Thanks for the reply, we are away of the property/land issues. I read through some of the threads on here yesterday too. Will be sure to be careful and will also ask Dave for the FB information too.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 10:09 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Hola

About half of Chiclana properties are illegal. However they have been built for more than the six years of administrative silence so are "recognised". That is not to say "legal"; the Marbella case in 2015 in the supreme court stopped PGOU town plans from making properties legal.

There are proposed changes in the LOUA to allow an AFO within a PGOU town plan. This will regularise the properties more but an AFO is a double edged sword and legal advice should be sought.

Davexf