Reload this Page >

Healthcare in Spain

Healthcare in Spain

Old May 2nd 2016, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Celticfloot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Healthcare in Spain

Hi all
My wife and i are considering moving to the Costa del Luz but are concerned about the cost of healthcare . I am 57 and my wife is 66 and in reciept of a UK pension . Any advice on what healthcare provisions we need to take and the approx cost would be very helpful . Thankyou
Old May 2nd 2016, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Healthcare in Spain

Originally Posted by Celticfloot
Hi all
My wife and i are considering moving to the Costa del Luz but are concerned about the cost of healthcare . I am 57 and my wife is 66 and in reciept of a UK pension . Any advice on what healthcare provisions we need to take and the approx cost would be very helpful . Thankyou
if your intention is to become permanent residents and after 183 days fiscal residents then your wife as a state pensioner is entitled to an S1 form from Newcastle this is handed in at the tax office in your town and the English copy sent back to UK. You then use the Spanish copy together with your green NIE sheet and the padron certificate to register at the INSS office who may ask for your marriage certificate since you will be asking for your husband to be treated as your dependant until he gets his pension. When this is done you take the paperwork to your chosen doctor to register. You will both then get exactly the same as a Spanish citizen at no cost. You will pay prescription charges as would a Spanish person limited to €8 a month for pensioners.
Old May 2nd 2016, 7:57 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Healthcare in Spain

Remember that when you apply to the DWP for the S1 to say that you want your husbands name put onto it as your dependant otherwise the Spanish authorities will not accept this as a fact.

Rosemary
Old May 2nd 2016, 7:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celticfloot
Hi all
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old May 3rd 2016, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Thankyou to everyone for your help. I'll let you know how we get on
Old May 3rd 2016, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
if your intention is to become permanent residents and after 183 days fiscal residents then your wife as a state pensioner is entitled to an S1 form from Newcastle this is handed in at the tax office in your town and the English copy sent back to UK. You then use the Spanish copy together with your green NIE sheet and the padron certificate to register at the INSS office who may ask for your marriage certificate since you will be asking for your husband to be treated as your dependant until he gets his pension. When this is done you take the paperwork to your chosen doctor to register. You will both then get exactly the same as a Spanish citizen at no cost. You will pay prescription charges as would a Spanish person limited to €8 a month for pensioners.
Thanks thats a great help
Old May 3rd 2016, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not sure the 183 days and fiscal residency is quite right, it was not necessary for me, just the S1 and the rest. Not interested in Marriage Certificate either. INSS in Velez-Malaga.
Old May 3rd 2016, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyric050203
I am not sure the 183 days and fiscal residency is quite right, it was not necessary for me, just the S1 and the rest. Not interested in Marriage Certificate either. INSS in Velez-Malaga.
Here in deepest dark Ayamonte they speak and do things differently. We had not been asked for the marriage cert for any other process we went through but they did for the doctor.. They just assumed my wife was not a pensioner. We did not even have it in Spain it had to be emailed from England.

To process the S1 we first had to go to the Hacienda for the English copy to be signed and they required us to fill in the residents address form which made us fiscal residents. This was all done within the first few weeks after arrival..
Old May 3rd 2016, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh Spain.
Old May 3rd 2016, 7:40 am

In the Valencia area we had to provide our marriage certificate along with all of the other documents. Luckily we always took every piece of paperwork with lots of copies to every official thing that we went to so there was never a problem producing anything.

Rosemary
Old May 3rd 2016, 8:59 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
You will pay prescription charges as would a Spanish person limited to €8 a month for pensioners.
It depends on your income. If it is more than €18k then the cap goes up to €18.52
Old May 3rd 2016, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Knew it rose, didn't know that was the trigger, is that gross or taxable income Fred ?
Old May 3rd 2016, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lyric050203
Knew it rose, didn't know that was the trigger, is that gross or taxable income Fred ?
Perhaps that's why they want you to be fiscally resident. It's all done on the computer and they are all linked so they will know the trigger points when you pop along to the pharmacy. We never seem to pay more than 2 euro when we go. That looks like another catch with the revised DTA NEXT YEAR THEY WILL BE ABLE TO CHARGE US MORE WHEN WE ARE ILL,
Old May 3rd 2016, 10:01 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the DTA will affect that. The 18000 is the taxable base, which is your income minus the general allowance (but not the personal allowances). The exempt UK income does not get added to that, otherwise it would be taxed directly. It is added in somewhere else in the equation to decide your ultimate tax rate.
Old May 5th 2016, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

portchdaisy7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we thinking of living in Pinosa area. We are pensioners, I have type 1 diabetes, eye problems caused by the diabetes, had heart bypass and on waiting list for pacemaker, what happens about health care and prescriptions. Ta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.