Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Having a baby in Spain???

Having a baby in Spain???

Old Dec 12th 2004, 9:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having a baby in Spain???

Originally Posted by tj1
Hi I am not having a baby, but we live in Moraira and are hoping to move to Quesada. I have an eight year old daughter and am having a hell lot of trouble trying to find an English speaking school in the area.Do have any tips they would be greatly appreciated. I am new so be nice. :scared:
Let the kids go to a Spanish school they soon pick up the lingo......or try here

http://www.nabss.org/index.html
Old Dec 14th 2004, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Soniak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Having a baby in Spain???

Originally Posted by tj1
Hi I am not having a baby, but we live in Moraira and are hoping to move to Quesada. I have an eight year old daughter and am having a hell lot of trouble trying to find an English speaking school in the area.Do have any tips they would be greatly appreciated. I am new so be nice. :scared:
Hi,
I am aware of one in Torrevieja..which is about 20 mins drive..not really sure exactly where it is though. Our 4 year old son goes to a spanish school in Rojales..5 minute drive..there are quite a few english kids but it isn't an "english speaking" school. It is a fantastic school and our sons spanish is fabulous now and he's only been since September. There are private english schools but I think most are around Torrevieja or Alicante. How long have you been in spain?
Old Dec 14th 2004, 4:02 pm
tj1
TJ1

tj1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Having a baby in Spain???

Originally Posted by jdr
Let the kids go to a Spanish school they soon pick up the lingo......or try here

http://www.nabss.org/index.html
She did attend a spanish school in Moraira for 3 years untill she went back after the summer holidays to find that all of her classes were then being taught in Valenciano, since she had previously been taught in what i think of as Spanish she had immense problems i didnt think it was fair to put her in this position, as i know i sure as hell wouldnt have liked it!!!! Having said that i have been speaking to a few a people who live in Quesada who dont believe that this would cause a problem in the area. Do you have any reccomendations.
Old Dec 14th 2004, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Soniak is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Having a baby in Spain???

Originally Posted by tj1
She did attend a spanish school in Moraira for 3 years untill she went back after the summer holidays to find that all of her classes were then being taught in Valenciano, since she had previously been taught in what i think of as Spanish she had immense problems i didnt think it was fair to put her in this position, as i know i sure as hell wouldnt have liked it!!!! Having said that i have been speaking to a few a people who live in Quesada who dont believe that this would cause a problem in the area. Do you have any reccomendations.
The only recommendation I can give you is the school my son goes to.. Principe De Espana, in Rojales. They're spoken to only in spanish but we also enroled him in spanish lessons in the school three days a week. Although saying that, she would be in the juniors where I think the teachers do speak more english than those in the infants. She would pick it up very easily I'm sure and there is a mixture of spanish and english kids too. I'll give you their phone number anyway and you can decide...it's a tel/fax 966 714 259.