Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Have the prescription charge rules changed ?

Have the prescription charge rules changed ?

Old Jan 19th 2017, 2:15 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Have the prescription charge rules changed ?

Today mine as usual no charge (pensioner) but my wife had to pay a little where as hers were always no charge before ?
BTW this is in Valencia.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 2:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have the prescription charge rules changed ?

Originally Posted by VFR
Today mine as usual no charge (pensioner) but my wife had to pay a little where as hers were always no charge before ?
BTW this is in Valencia.
I collected mine Monday and there was no charge but like you I am a pensioner. Did she pay 10% because that is what it was for a while? Maybe they are under pressure again.

Rosemary
Old Jan 19th 2017, 3:05 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it was just a little so i guess around 10%
Old Jan 19th 2017, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

All SIP card holders are allocated a TSI code (see top right of your prescription) these are allocated based on your Spanish tax returns and your 'financial status'

Using a Google translation
The official recipes will be adapted to the following basic criteria of differentiation according to the expression of the acronyms or classification code in the database of individual health card, which will be printed alphanumeric or coded in the upper right of the recipes According to the following scheme:

A) TSI Code 001 for users exempt from contribution.

B) TSI Code 002 for users with reduced contribution of 10%.

C) TSI Code 003 for users with a contribution of 40%.

D) TSI Code 004 for users with a 50% contribution.

E) TSI Code 005 for users with a 60% contribution.

F) Code TSI 006 for the users of mutuals of officials with contribution of 30%.

G) ATEP for recipes for occupational accidents or illness.

H) NOFIN for prescriptions for non-funded medicines and health products.

(I) DAST for prescriptions for medicinal products and medical devices prescribed to users in the framework of the implementation of Directive 2011/24 / EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 March 2011 on the application of intellectual property rights Patients in cross-border healthcare: users must pay the full amount.

from
Seguridad Social:Normativa

Whether they have recently changed I am not sure, but the above document is dated 28/11/2016.
Old Jan 19th 2017, 5:56 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that Spainrico & she does have the 002 code.
Wonder why she never paid before ?
Old Jan 19th 2017, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe last years tax returns have been applied to the code allocations for 2017?
Old Jan 20th 2017, 2:29 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spainrico
Maybe last years tax returns have been applied to the code allocations for 2017?
Yes you could be right there, just checked mine & that is also showing the 02 code but there was no charge for me. ?
Old Jan 21st 2017, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry no explanation for that, just that you are lucky!
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 7:54 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The rules in Valencia are different from other regions.

The figures that Spainrico quoted are the national figures which do not necessarily apply to Valencia.

What has not been mentioned is that if the national rules apply, the charges for pensioners are capped, depending on income.

For pensioners with income of less than €18000 the cap is about €8. For incomes above that the cap is €18. These figures change annually based on inflation.

If you have not submitted tax returns, then there is no cap as they do not know your income.

If I can find some definitive figures for Valencia I will post them.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

On a SIP card itself, what would the code - SF - signify? I know that the letters stand for "Sin Farmacia" but what does that mean?
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Fred for the additional information.

All I can add is that I have a code of TSI004 and I do pay 50% of actual medicine PVP costs ie on an item costing 25,95 I have to pay 12,98€.
But I am not of full pension age.

BTW - I would say if you are living here full time and have residents access to health care then you should as a F/T resident make a tax return.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

Both me and my partner Are pensioners living in Valencia area, he has a higher income than me yet pays nothing, I have to pay 10% and wonder if this is because he has a small Spanish pension.
Old Jan 26th 2017, 7:10 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gill556
Both me and my partner Are pensioners living in Valencia area, he has a higher income than me yet pays nothing, I have to pay 10% and wonder if this is because he has a small Spanish pension.
Do you do a joint tax return or separate ones?
Old Jan 26th 2017, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute

separate, we are not married.