"Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

"Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:54 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

Originally Posted by Big Pete
good point
I always say it lol
Sounds like you'll fit in great in spain you fit the criteria of an opinionated expat with a bad attitude. Have you learnt spanish yet?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

So everyone who lives here is an opinionated prat , I do not thinks so, I have been here four years and yes speak spanish (at least give it my best shot) as I live in what you call real Spain, never been told to "go home" get fresh veg and milk also help carrying shopping from the neighbours, the list is endless, they greatly appreciate the fact we are trying to integrate here and have taken both of us completely under their wings.
When we see the local Alcalde he also passes the time of day. I am sorry it did not work out for you but do not have a go at those of us who have settled and have integrated.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

glad 2 b back, I've just had a shock of realisation.

Oh Christ, you're not that manic depressive from expatfocus are you Please please please please tell me you're not.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by pwwm
So everyone who lives here is an opinionated prat , I do not thinks so, I have been here four years and yes speak spanish (at least give it my best shot) as I live in what you call real Spain, never been told to "go home" get fresh veg and milk also help carrying shopping from the neighbours, the list is endless, they greatly appreciate the fact we are trying to integrate here and have taken both of us completely under their wings.
When we see the local Alcalde he also passes the time of day. I am sorry it did not work out for you but do not have a go at those of us who have settled and have integrated.

No I don't think that at all, its just people like the poster I was replying too who who ruin it for the genuine people who do want a decent life. He says that he wishes that all foreigners should go back to their own country well whats he going to be, I just don't like attitudes like his and was retaliating to the nasty posts he wrote. I know there are good people who are trying to make things in spain work like we did but there are also bad ones who are only there for the cheap tobacco, booze and cheap flights back to the UK. The ones who only shop in Brit shops, only drink in Brit bars and only eat in Brits cafes, who live in Spain but hate the Spanish I've met plenty of these. All the brits who lived on my street had this attitude. I had a barbie one night and invited them along with my spanish neighbours and was horrified and embarrassed by their behaviour. They sat at one end of the table and wouldnt speak to my spanish guests and when finally my spanish friend asked (with me translating) when my next door neighbour when was he going to learn spanish, his reply was (in english of course) "I'm not I'm waiting for the Spanish to learn English"
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Oh Christ, you're not that manic depressive from expatfocus are you Please please please please tell me you're not.

Shut up I'm not depressed anymore mitzy I just thought I'd share a few of my views here
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:35 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
Shut up I'm not depressed anymore mitzy I just thought I'd share a few of my views here

Young lady, I'm more than fully aware of all the hardships you suffered whilst you were in Spain, and indeed I did feel very badly for you. BUT, I'm telling you now that you absolutely cannot turn every thread on this forum into an anti Spain theme. This isn't expatfocus, the people on here are savvy and they won't for one moment let you get away with it.

I'm glad to here you're not depressed any more, just please don't depress me

Balanced views .... remember
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:36 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I had a barbie one night and invited them along with my spanish neighbours and was horrified and embarrassed by their behaviour. They sat at one end of the table and wouldnt speak to my spanish guests and when finally my spanish friend asked (with me translating) when my next door neighbour when was he going to learn spanish, his reply was (in english of course) "I'm not I'm waiting for the Spanish to learn English"

That's terrible

You mean, they don't speak English?

Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:39 pm

Young lady, I'm more than fully aware of all the hardships you suffered whilst you were in Spain, and indeed I did feel very badly for you. BUT, I'm telling you now that you absolutely cannot turn every thread on this forum into an anti Spain theme. This isn't expatfocus, the people on here are savvy and they won't for one moment let you get away with it.

I'm glad to here you're not depressed any more, just please don't depress me

Balanced views .... remember

I'm not going to! But I started this thread about the pc gone mad in england V the racist attitudes in spain and the differences.

Hows everything going for you over there? I hope its good well I'm sure it is, I'm loving it here the best thing I could've done really. Little one loves school we've both got work even the dogs have more life in them although taking them for walks is a bit of a nightmare as they're not used to other dogs and go balistic every time we see one which is always.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:45 pm
Senior Moment

I'm not going to! But I started this thread about the pc gone mad in england V the racist attitudes in spain and the differences.

Hows everything going for you over there? I hope its good well I'm sure it is, I'm loving it here the best thing I could've done really. Little one loves school we've both got work even the dogs have more life in them although taking them for walks is a bit of a nightmare as they're not used to other dogs and go balistic every time we see one which is always.
Cool ........ no problems at all other than my own inability to speak enough Spanish yet
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:50 pm

Cool ........ no problems at all other than my own inability to speak enough Spanish yet
I thought you'd be fluent by now, in time it will click. The school here are setting it up that my daughter can take a gcse in spanish so at least it won't be wasted.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:55 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

What a fun thread.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

No I don't think that at all, its just people like the poster I was replying too who who ruin it for the genuine people who do want a decent life. He says that he wishes that all foreigners should go back to their own country well whats he going to be, I just don't like attitudes like his and was retaliating to the nasty posts he wrote. I know there are good people who are trying to make things in spain work like we did but there are also bad ones who are only there for the cheap tobacco, booze and cheap flights back to the UK. The ones who only shop in Brit shops, only drink in Brit bars and only eat in Brits cafes, who live in Spain but hate the Spanish I've met plenty of these. All the brits who lived on my street had this attitude. I had a barbie one night and invited them along with my spanish neighbours and was horrified and embarrassed by their behaviour. They sat at one end of the table and wouldnt speak to my spanish guests and when finally my spanish friend asked (with me translating) when my next door neighbour when was he going to learn spanish, his reply was (in english of course) "I'm not I'm waiting for the Spanish to learn English"
Hi glad 2 b back

I appreciate your reply to my posting and I agree with what you had to say about the brit bars etc etc, Not something we have here.

pwwm
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

It took me a while for the penny to drop
Old Mar 6th 2007, 8:00 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by montgomail
It took me a while for the penny to drop
Consider it dropped