British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Girona (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/girona-911750/)

Will.1973 Apr 16th 2018 1:49 pm

Girona

Hi all been a while since i have been on as was planning to eventually move to Spain. I am wondering if anyone lives in Girona and could advise me on what it is like from an Expat point of view. I have done research myself and all looks fine in fact very good but this is from holiday makers on trip adviser etc. Would appreciate the feedback thanks.

Moses2013 Apr 16th 2018 2:39 pm

Re: Girona

Originally Posted by Will.1973 (Post 12482637)
Hi all been a while since i have been on as was planning to eventually move to Spain. I am wondering if anyone lives in Girona and could advise me on what it is like from an Expat point of view. I have done research myself and all looks fine in fact very good but this is from holiday makers on trip adviser etc. Would appreciate the feedback thanks.

There won't be many people here living in Girona, but do you mean the city or region? Bought some land a few years ago (2nd home) and know the area well, but not a permanent resident and not retired either;).

Will.1973 Apr 16th 2018 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Moses2013 (Post 12482685)
There won't be many people here living in Girona, but do you mean the city or region? Bought some land a few years ago (2nd home) and know the area well, but not a permanent resident and not retired either;).

Hey yes Girona the city not retired either got a bit to go yet before that unfortunately. Did you build on the land then?

Moses2013 Apr 17th 2018 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Will.1973 (Post 12482819)
Hey yes Girona the city not retired either got a bit to go yet before that unfortunately. Did you build on the land then?

We opted for something modular (very small though), so no foundations required for the moment, but might consider building something bigger later on;).

Will.1973 Apr 17th 2018 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Moses2013 (Post 12483126)
We opted for something modular (very small though), so no foundations required for the moment, but might consider building something bigger later on;).

Sounds great we had looked at buying a fixer upper but that moment has passed :) now looking at turn key as the best option for us.

Moses2013 Apr 17th 2018 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Will.1973 (Post 12483138)
Sounds great we had looked at buying a fixer upper but that moment has passed :) now looking at turn key as the best option for us.

Girona itself can be pricey, depending what you are used to:-). Vidreres and area still offer good value for money, but the closer you get to city it does look very expensive.

Will.1973 Apr 17th 2018 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Moses2013 (Post 12483157)
Girona itself can be pricey, depending what you are used to:-). Vidreres and area still offer good value for money, but the closer you get to city it does look very expensive.

Sadly everything seems expensive these days i need to look a bit further into Girona but i like the look of it thus far. Problem i have is i dont fly so its boat and car for me wherever i go if not train. Seems a nice distance that i dont mind driving from UK to be there.