Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gidday from Galicia, mi gusta book swapping

Gidday from Galicia, mi gusta book swapping

Old Mar 27th 2016, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

casasusana is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Gidday from Galicia, mi gusta book swapping

I am made in England but was produced in Australia. True to my family's adventurous spirit I now live in Galicia on the Camino de Santiago near Portomarin. I am content in a small village leading a simple life. I buy english books thru the book depository but I am keen to recycle and perhaps swap with others. Has this been tried before. Maybe an option would be meeting once a month in say Lugo or Sarria for a beer/vino and swap books. What do ya think???
Old Mar 27th 2016, 7:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gidday from Galicia, mi gusta book swapping

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 28th 2016, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by casasusana
I am made in England but was produced in Australia. True to my family's adventurous spirit I now live in Galicia on the Camino de Santiago near Portomarin. I am content in a small village leading a simple life. I buy english books thru the book depository but I am keen to recycle and perhaps swap with others. Has this been tried before. Maybe an option would be meeting once a month in say Lugo or Sarria for a beer/vino and swap books. What do ya think???
Even though I am based near Lugo (live in Vivieiro) I read books via my Kindle or tablet (I can read about 500 books per year so this works out a lot cheaper than buying a physical book). Sorry. Plus there are lots of ebook sites on the web.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

thanks for your reply. my eReader died after just over a year. as part of electronic equipment that is designed to fail, so we have to buy more. so i am railing against the acquisition of another. I also like paper books, although probably not very environmentally green of me.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I would think there might be a book exchange or second-hand book shop in an area that has a number of Anglophones. Like many others I prefer to have a REAL book and not something on Kindle or Kobo !
Old Apr 4th 2016, 8:02 am
Just Joined

My internet searching has revealed two pieces of info that others may find helpful. firstly, an organisation called book mooch is free, except for postage. second a second hand book shop in spain (toledo) called abe books. books are on average 2 euros and postage is free.
Thanks to those who replied to my first post. Saludos susana