Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

GB pound weakening

GB pound weakening

Old Feb 6th 2009, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: GB pound weakening

I think some people have misinterpreted my comments about "older" people being lucky to have been able to save, I have never criticised them (I have great respect for people and don't feel the need to knock them on forums), I have just said that nowadays it is genuinely very hard to save decent amounts of money, however hard you work, especially if you want to own your own home (which we still can't afford to do). We have a lot of furniture that we found on the streets of Barcelona, many secondhand clothes and items for our son, and try to save in so many ways by cooking ourselves, etc (I am also a fan of Martin Lewis and his tips!). The modern world demands I have a mobile phone, computer, internet connection, etc to be able to do my job (I work as a translator) and as someone said, we can't go back in time. We live a relatively simple life too and try to reuse and recycle everything, but I think even within this way of looking at things I don't want to go back to the days of newspaper loo roll (I too have experienced this at my grandmother's!).
Old Feb 7th 2009, 12:15 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Here's a new toy for all you gadget freaks.You can get your pod casts re the declining euro whilst going for plinky plops

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 6:52 am
Keep smiling

Helpful-Bob will become famous soon enough

Still smiling as the pound is still climbing...on target for February 1.20
Old Feb 7th 2009, 8:26 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

There've been reports in the UK media hinting that the worse of the recession is behind us (and I'm not just referring to the Halifax reports of house price rises in January either). If this is true, I personally will be staggered. Perhaps Gordo really has saved the economy!

Did I just write that?
Old Feb 7th 2009, 8:28 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

No one seems to know, not least the experts who are all so confident they know whats going on now, but didnt seem to have a clue about what was going to happen over the last 6 months!
Old Feb 7th 2009, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Well I hope it stays up now and people dont talk negatively about it. Im trying to positive think the rate up
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Please keep going pound dont drop PLEASE
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:25 pm
Bleating on & on

Barbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura aboutBarbara Red lips has a spectacular aura about

I hope it holds on tooo.....1.20 would be nice
Old Feb 8th 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

I must say President Obama is my hero to cap bank wages in USA takes guts
Wish Gordon would prevent bankers taking their bonuses . How can they claim them when they have B------ it up.With tax Payers money
Its their incompetence has caused a lot of this problem

Last edited by DENISE WALTERS; Feb 8th 2009 at 9:35 pm. Reason: dyslexic
Old Feb 9th 2009, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
There've been reports in the UK media hinting that the worse of the recession is behind us (and I'm not just referring to the Halifax reports of house price rises in January either). If this is true, I personally will be staggered. Perhaps Gordo really has saved the economy!

Did I just write that?
Even if we've hit the bottom of the slope we've got a hell of a long way to go to get us out the financial mess (the amount the country now owes is absolutely terrifying) that Brown has got us in.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 1:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Currently 1.150 according to my 'gadget' which is always on my desktop, and keep updating better than 1.058 that it was a couple of weeks ago.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:34 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

"Spanish businesses are in a dire situation."

The EU wheel is about to come off...................... POUND ON THE UP....Well you can dream can't you. http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/f.../one_month.stm

Quote from link below.....

"This is negligence. Rates should have been slashed to 1pc," said Dierk Hirschel, chief economist for the German union confederation.

Graham Turner, from GFC Economics, said the ECB was playing with fire by waiting so long. "We've had a monstrous decline in German orders and the ECB just blinked. It confirms fears that we're not going to get quantitative easing from them without a major fight. This is a major risk for euroland because the damage in Spain, Ireland and Eastern Europe is starting to panic people."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/g...-bail-out.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...ial-slump.html

Last edited by poshnbucks; Feb 10th 2009 at 2:43 am.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:25 am
Keep smiling

Helpful-Bob will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Quote from link below.....

"This is negligence. Rates should have been slashed to 1pc," said Dierk Hirschel, chief economist for the German union confederation.

Graham Turner, from GFC Economics, said the ECB was playing with fire by waiting so long. "We've had a monstrous decline in German orders and the ECB just blinked. It confirms fears that we're not going to get quantitative easing from them without a major fight. This is a major risk for euroland because the damage in Spain, Ireland and Eastern Europe is starting to panic people."
Thats what I like to hear... 1.15 and rising....
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

RONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really niceRONLIN is just really nice

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Currently 1.150 according to my 'gadget' which is always on my desktop, and keep updating better than 1.058 that it was a couple of weeks ago.
Originally Posted by Helpful-Bob
Thats what I like to hear... 1.15 and rising....
Ooops,its going up and down like a yoyo

My gadget says 1.126 tonight
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Hi mikelincs,

The rate that your "gadget" displays.

Is this what you would get at a bank?

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.