Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Financial advisers

Financial advisers

Old Jun 24th 2017, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

JaySets is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial advisers

Has anyone had any dealings with ****** Group in Spain please? We are about to invest but have been "googling" and there are some quite bad reviews and complaints concerning them although the majority of the complaints are over 3 years old. Hoping someone can help!
Old Jun 24th 2017, 12:48 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial advisers

That their name has been replaced with *'s should give you a strong clue.

If it's the company I think it is, they are litigious and threatened BE, so now their name automatically turns to *'s, even in private messages. .... Their name rhymes with a famous diamond company.

IMO they spout a lot of BS, threatening you with giant tax bills that have no basis in reality. If you get harassed by them, and they won't leave you alone, tell them "if you or anyone from [co name] contact me again, I will file a complaint with your Compliance Officer". Use exactly those words, and they will almost certainly leave you alone.

If you do need to complain to their Compliance Officer, just address a letter to the Compliance Officer, at any of their locations, but the location where the salesman is based would be best, if you know it. There is nothing to stop you sending a letter to multiple locations/countries. .... The regulators will review the file of complaints during their annual visit, and obviously a fat file of complaints looks bad, so financial firms, and their employees hate complaints sent to the Compliance Officer!

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 24th 2017 at 12:57 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2017, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

JaySets is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
That their name has been replaced with *'s should give you a strong clue.

If it's the company I think it is, they are litigious and threatened BE, so now their name automatically turns to *'s, even in private messages. .... Their name rhymes with a famous diamond company.

IMO they spout a lot of BS, threatening you with giant tax bills that have no basis in reality. If you get harassed by them, and they won't leave you alone, tell them "if you or anyone from [co name] contact me again, I will file a complaint with your Compliance Officer". Use exactly those words, and they will almost certainly leave you alone.

If you do need to complain to their Compliance Officer, just address a letter to the Compliance Officer, at any of their locations, but the location where the salesman is based would be best, if you know it. There is nothing to stop you sending a letter to multiple locations/countries. .... The regulators will review the file of complaints during their annual visit, and obviously a fat file of complaints looks bad, so financial firms, and their employees hate complaints sent to the Compliance Officer!
Thank you
Old Jun 24th 2017, 1:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaySets
Thank you
You're welcome.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would not invest a bean in anything in Spain , why would you when the UK is far more safer and understandable? , if its a property you are "investing" in dont expect to make money from it , buying a house in Spain is not an investment , its just buying somewhere to live / holiday, if you are HNW then go down to Gibraltar and talk to Barclays wealth management and the likes.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Rotor to disagree.I have been in Spain over 30 years,bought & sold numerous properties including a business.Previously did the same in UK & am about to buy another property,probably here.Perhaps you have not done your homework & had a bad experience which can happen anywhere in the world.I dislike the English system because of the "chain" whereas here you need to put down a non-returnable deposit which surely means you are a serious buyer/seller.Once,in Scotland many years ago,I sold a house on "a gentleman,s agreement" which was binding!I don,t have a Financial Adviser,I just used my own instincts.However I can say I have made money from property in Spain & look forward to turning over a profit from a previous sale to gaining a new acquisition shortly.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dougal03
Sorry Rotor to disagree.I have been in Spain over 30 years,bought & sold numerous properties including a business.Previously did the same in UK & am about to buy another property,probably here.Perhaps you have not done your homework & had a bad experience which can happen anywhere in the world.I dislike the English system because of the "chain" whereas here you need to put down a non-returnable deposit which surely means you are a serious buyer/seller.Once,in Scotland many years ago,I sold a house on "a gentleman,s agreement" which was binding!I don,t have a Financial Adviser,I just used my own instincts.However I can say I have made money from property in Spain & look forward to turning over a profit from a previous sale to gaining a new acquisition shortly.
Yes because we all know Spanish property has appreciated considerably in the last 7-8 years...no wait , and that property in Spain sells quickly.....no wait and buyers never have legal issues after buying in Spain.....no wait
Old Jun 26th 2017, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Each person can only say what has happened from their own experience.
Old Jun 26th 2017, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by dougal03
Each person can only say what has happened from their own experience.
No, we can also recognize the big picture, the generalities.

While it might be possible to make money with careful purchases and sales at the right moment doesn't alter the fact that most properties in Spain have not appreciated significantly, if at all, in price for a number of years.

Conversely it would be better for those with experience contrary to the general pattern to acknowledge that fact, that their experience is not typical.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 26th 2017 at 12:32 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2017, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
No, we can also recognize the big picture, the generalities.

While it might be possible to make money with careful purchases and sales at the right moment doesn't alter the fact that most properties in Spain have not appreciated significantly, if at all, in price for a number of years.

Conversely it would be better for those with experience contrary to the general pattern to acknowledge that fact, that their experience is not typical.
Good post well presented
Old Jun 27th 2017, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes indeed the amount I received from a recent sale was less than I bought it at.But then again I am in a buyer's market as similar properties I have my eye on,also have very much come down in price.I will swap one for one but in a different area which is what I want.This is not the business I had before my retirement,very different in fact,but my family were always dappling in property,my late Father was a builder,so I was always brought up to believe in investing any spare cash in bricks & mortar which I have done in UK but mostly Spain for some 18 years now.