Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Expat contacts.

Expat contacts.

Old Nov 10th 2004, 11:51 am
Roberto

Roberto is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Expat contacts.

My wife and I are moving to spain next Spring in the campo near to Competa/ Sayalonga and would like to hear of activity groups which may exist. Our interests range from gardening, quilting/ embroidery, watercolour painting and sailing.
Secondly anybody know of sensibly priced efficient removals company to move us from Norfolk to Spain.

Roberto
Old Nov 10th 2004, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

muttymutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Expat contacts.

Hi don't know the area that you are moving to but we usued a company called BRITANNIA (OTHERWISE KNOWN AS BRADSHAW INTERNATIONAL. for our removals out here and they were very good and quite resonably priced. Just out of curiosity what part of Norfolk are you leaving (as we are looking to return to Norfolk next summer) And why are you leaving? Just wondering thats all.

Originally Posted by Roberto
My wife and I are moving to spain next Spring in the campo near to Competa/ Sayalonga and would like to hear of activity groups which may exist. Our interests range from gardening, quilting/ embroidery, watercolour painting and sailing.
Secondly anybody know of sensibly priced efficient removals company to move us from Norfolk to Spain.

Roberto
Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

euroland is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
Roberto we are a small dedicated removal company who deliver door to door, so there is no lost or delayed items.

please call john on 078 1144 6629, or e-mail us on [email protected]
thanks
John
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Roberto
Hi

DO NOT USE HADLEY & OTTAWAY
We moved our things from Norfolk to Cyprus. The service was terrible and would advise you not to use them, everything seemed very professional
at our house, then there was a long delay with the actual shipping, they used the cheapest shipping agent they could find who took the longest route, they never unpacked our belongings dispite paying for door to door pack & unwrap service.

Di
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Seems we are all 'carrot crunchers' in here!! Where as you two are moving out of Norfolk, we are moving back. Had enough of Espana and desparately want to get home!!
What part of Norfolk are you all from and why are you leaving??
Just curious.

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Hi

We moved our things from Norfolk to Cyprus. The service was terrible and would advise you not to use them, everything seemed very professional
at our house, then there was a long delay with the actual shipping, they used the cheapest shipping agent they could find who took the longest route, they never unpacked our belongings dispite paying for door to door pack & unwrap service.

Di
Old Nov 17th 2004, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by muttymutt
Seems we are all 'carrot crunchers' in here!! Where as you two are moving out of Norfolk, we are moving back. Had enough of Espana and desparately want to get home!!
What part of Norfolk are you all from and why are you leaving??
Just curious.

I am from Norwich, Hubby from London, We live in Cyprus and are going to Oz!!
Why are you desperate to go home ? and what is stopping you ?

Di
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Di, we are hoping to move to Norwich by summer hols next year, around Trowse, Poringland area.
I am desperate to get back as I have just had enough out here, just lots of bits and pieces that drive me crazy. We've been here nearly 2 years and things just don't seem to be working out as we expected them to. We've got 2 children who are settled here but I can't get this feeling out of my head and cannot wait to get home. Hubby works away for half the year so he's quite happy as long as we are happy. Bordem has played a big part, I've had spanish lessons and tried to intergrate but it just doesn't feel right. The children have said they are happy to stay or go, so thats one less thing to worry about.
The only thing stopping us is our house out here. We haven't put it on the market yet as we are still doing bits and pieces. But as soon as thats done hopefully we will sell it and go on back.
Why did you move from Norwich?? Do you have any children?

I am from Norwich, Hubby from London, We live in Cyprus and are going to Oz!!
Why are you desperate to go home ? and what is stopping you ?

Di
Old Nov 17th 2004, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Di, we are hoping to move to Norwich by summer hols next year, around Trowse, Poringland area.
I am desperate to get back as I have just had enough out here, just lots of bits and pieces that drive me crazy. We've been here nearly 2 years and things just don't seem to be working out as we expected them to. We've got 2 children who are settled here but I can't get this feeling out of my head and cannot wait to get home. Hubby works away for half the year so he's quite happy as long as we are happy. Bordem has played a big part, I've had spanish lessons and tried to intergrate but it just doesn't feel right. The children have said they are happy to stay or go, so thats one less thing to worry about.
The only thing stopping us is our house out here. We haven't put it on the market yet as we are still doing bits and pieces. But as soon as thats done hopefully we will sell it and go on back.
Have sent you PM

Di
Old Nov 17th 2004, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I used Bishops Move and like previous writer paid to have unpacked at Spanish end which didnt materialise, also they lost three boxes including all our winter jumpers and some kitchen items and bedding and also broke other items. Despite numerous letters we have had no compensation and cannot claim on insurance as we only insured the expensive items, i.e. t.v. furniture etc.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:57 pm
Roberto

Hi

Di
Thanks for the info. We had got a quote from Hadley & Ottaway which seems rather high anyway.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 2:05 pm
Roberto

Smile Re: Expat contacts.

Mutty Mutt, thanks for your info re Britannia in your previous message. We are keen to move to Spain for a number of reasons:
1) Climate - you may have forgotten what miserable Summers as well as winters we have.
2) Politics and the 'Nanny State'
3)Over crowded country with roads fast developng towards 'gridlock'
etc, etc.

Think twice before you return! However, if you are looking for 4 bedroomed well appointed house in Brooke we have one for sale!
Old Nov 19th 2004, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Roberto, I've just sent you a PM.
the world seems to be getting smaller!!!!!!!!!

Mutty Mutt, thanks for your info re Britannia in your previous message. We are keen to move to Spain for a number of reasons:
1) Climate - you may have forgotten what miserable Summers as well as winters we have.
2) Politics and the 'Nanny State'
3)Over crowded country with roads fast developng towards 'gridlock'
etc, etc.

Think twice before you return! However, if you are looking for 4 bedroomed well appointed house in Brooke we have one for sale!