Reload this Page >

English Speaking Family Lawyer in Barcelona

English Speaking Family Lawyer in Barcelona

Old Sep 15th 2017, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

shacho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Speaking Family Lawyer in Barcelona

Hi

If anyone has a recommendation for a english speaking family lawyer in Barcelona would be appreciated. I have a lawyer who is very nice however her english isn't the best.

My (and the kids aged 6 & 4) situation isn't ideal, my (now ex) Spanish wife came to Spain under false pretences put to me and we are no longer together, I gave up my job etc to be here for the kids and have joint custody - week on, week off.

I'm aware of the Hague Convention but several Lawyers advised an outcome on this was unlikely as I agreed for them to come to Spain and Spain doesn't follow the rules for this anyway.

Now however she has told me she is moving the kids from current School in Sarria (where I am renting) to where she has bought - and the school is certainly a significant step down and the kids have only just started to make friends - the eldest wants to return home and a change again isn't good.

In addition, my ex lost her job and she can easily find well paid work where we were previously and I had a good well paid job there. It is pretty frustrating to be honest.

I'd imagine there isn't too many people on here who have been in a similar situation but you never know!! Feel free to PM me as I'm naturally reluctant to post too much here.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 15th 2017, 2:42 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Speaking Family Lawyer in Barcelona

Originally Posted by shacho
Hi

If anyone has a recommendation for a english speaking family lawyer in Barcelona would be appreciated. I have a lawyer who is very nice however her english isn't the best.

My (and the kids aged 6 & 4) situation isn't ideal, my (now ex) Spanish wife came to Spain under false pretences put to me and we are no longer together, I gave up my job etc to be here for the kids and have joint custody - week on, week off.

I'm aware of the Hague Convention but several Lawyers advised an outcome on this was unlikely as I agreed for them to come to Spain and Spain doesn't follow the rules for this anyway.

Now however she has told me she is moving the kids from current School in Sarria (where I am renting) to where she has bought - and the school is certainly a significant step down and the kids have only just started to make friends - the eldest wants to return home and a change again isn't good.

In addition, my ex lost her job and she can easily find well paid work where we were previously and I had a good well paid job there. It is pretty frustrating to be honest.

I'd imagine there isn't too many people on here who have been in a similar situation but you never know!! Feel free to PM me as I'm naturally reluctant to post too much here.

Thanks in advance
Personally, I think your best option is to find a GOOD lawyer and take an interpreter with you.

The additional cost will pay dividends in the end as you will have the services (hopefully) of a good lawyer and not just one who speaks English.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

I'd agree with that and am open in doing so but ideally a good lawyer who speaks english.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 3:13 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you situation. I cannot help, but would like to wish you well.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missile
Sorry to hear you situation. I cannot help, but would like to wish you well.
Thanks