British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   English builder (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/english-builder-909181/)

honest john Feb 13th 2018 9:58 pm

English builder

Hi folks

I'm Thinking of testing out spain/coming out to work as i'm sick of the 5-6 months we have of terrible dark,cloudy,rainy weather in the UK and the increasingly miserable summers.

I've been a water sports freak since i was 18 years old and still windsurf,kitesurf, wakeboard and waterski as well as fishing so this is one of the attractions of better climates.
Where is the best place in spain for working.
Plan to drive out in my huge Jumbo transit with all tools and equipment converted into sleeping accommodation initially.

I'll just list down quickly my building experience etc to save tons of paragraphs.
Here goes
Grandad was a builder
Father was a brickie/builder
uncles were plasterers, sparkies, plumbers who i learnt from at a young age
I worked with dad since i was 12 on building works.
I'm a Carpenter by trade. college at 17
I'm 50 years old but the girls say i look 35:D

Have a wife but no kids, she does a bit with me on the books and managing properties and getting in tenants for landlords we know.
sold our house and renting but looking for a change for a few years if not for good...English weather really gives me the blues.
Any tips and information would be greatly appreciated
Regards
John

tebo53 Feb 14th 2018 6:28 am

Re: English builder

There are probably "thousands" of Spanish builders waiting to fill any available jobs that may arise in the near future. Jobs in Spain are usually given to people "who they know".

Are you fully familiar with the Spanish building regulations as I understand they can differ from the UK standards.

Steve

Rosemary Feb 14th 2018 7:00 am

Re: English builder

Originally Posted by honest john (Post 12441507)
Hi folks

I'm Thinking of testing out spain/coming out to work as i'm sick of the 5-6 months we have of terrible dark,cloudy,rainy weather in the UK and the increasingly miserable summers.

I've been a water sports freak since i was 18 years old and still windsurf,kitesurf, wakeboard and waterski as well as fishing so this is one of the attractions of better climates.
Where is the best place in spain for working.
Plan to drive out in my huge Jumbo transit with all tools and equipment converted into sleeping accommodation initially.

Have a wife but no kids, she does a bit with me on the books and managing properties and getting in tenants for landlords we know.
sold our house and renting but looking for a change for a few years if not for good...English weather really gives me the blues.
Any tips and information would be greatly appreciated
Regards
John

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary