Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Electicity Bill

Electicity Bill

Old May 29th 2009, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

john soden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electicity Bill

I have a 2 bed apartment on the costa del sol can anyone advise me what the standing order for electricity should be we are paying about 65 euroes per month but the place is vacant many thanks John
Old May 29th 2009, 2:55 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electicity Bill

Originally Posted by john soden
I have a 2 bed apartment on the costa del sol can anyone advise me what the standing order for electricity should be we are paying about 65 euroes per month but the place is vacant many thanks John
My advice would be that next time you are there turn absolutely everything off and then go and look at the meter to see if the wheel is still turning. I pay about €90 a month and I live here full time in a 4 bed villa with pool
Old May 29th 2009, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

My place is vacant too. When I have I turned off the power at the breaker, my bill is about 30 euro a month - which is the power company's standing charge for a 15Amp "potencia" (max. capacity I can draw from teh grid). If your potencia is higher, you'll be paying more.
Also, did you remember to turn the fridge off before you left? How about any outside security lights that might be on all night long without you knowing it?
Old May 29th 2009, 5:05 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, both those seem high. My monthly bill for an empty finca with 3.464kW is;

Potencia contratada - 5,69
Alquiler equipos de medida - 1,53
IVA - 1,16

TOTAL - 8,38

and this is with Iberdrola
Old May 29th 2009, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Wow, both those seem high. My monthly bill for an empty finca with 3.464kW is;

Potencia contratada - 5,69
Alquiler equipos de medida - 1,53
IVA - 1,16

TOTAL - 8,38

and this is with Iberdrola
Where do I sign?
Seriously, is there a process for changing from Sevillana Endesa, or are people stuck with whoever is the one and only power compant in their region?
Old May 29th 2009, 8:06 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
Where do I sign?
Seriously, is there a process for changing from Sevillana Endesa, or are people stuck with whoever is the one and only power compant in their region?

From 1st July you can choose from ANY of the suppliers in your area. There should be a letter being sent to you now. I have had a paper copy of the letter, plus an email as I am an online customer, plus there was a thread on here about it.

Any those prices are genuine as I have been paying those for over a year whilst the property is empty waiting for the building licence.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:25 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pete_l
My place is vacant too. When I have I turned off the power at the breaker, my bill is about 30 euro a month - which is the power company's standing charge for a 15Amp "potencia" (max. capacity I can draw from teh grid). If your potencia is higher, you'll be paying more.
Also, did you remember to turn the fridge off before you left? How about any outside security lights that might be on all night long without you knowing it?
Just checking our bank statement - we have an empty house - electricity off at the mains - approx 4 kw - 9.45 euros a month give or take a few cents.

This is with Endessa.

sorry this was meant for John Soden.

Last edited by CLR; Jun 2nd 2009 at 2:26 pm. Reason: additional comment
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by john soden
We have the same size apartment.

A typical monthly bill for when it is occupied during a month when neither heating or A/C is required (ie April) is €65! This when people are cooking, heating water for showers, watching TV and using the lights. It may go up to €100/€120 a month when folks start using the A/C in the summer.

Someone is tapping into your supply. Or there is a major metering problem. Turn everything off and watch the meter (ask for access). If it still goes round call in Endesa.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:49 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jurdyr
Changing your electricity supplier in Spain

New regulations come into force on July 1

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...le_21634.shtml

power bill here in work is about 2,080 euros per month
worng url and not copyright to this company cam out in the press relesse early on to day ....... please show copyright ?

Spanish Finance News by Jurdy that where i got it
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:36 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
worng url and not copyright to this company cam out in the press relesse early on to day ....... please show copyright ?

Spanish Finance News by Jurdy that where i got it
It's the same article.

Please read rule 7 and do not post complete articles from any source.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:39 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

sorry it was edit in the press room off the company i work in and extra INFO on the article ..... you read frist few line and change the post and url aswell

Many same story but we had add more to the press relesse that we got .....