Dying

Old Dec 9th 2006, 9:19 pm
jennydor

jennydor will become famous soon enoughjennydor will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dying

Interesting thread,
My whole family know that if I die here in Spain where I now call home or in the UK whilst visiting, Im leaving my body to science.. I figure that what ever country Im in they always need someone to practice on.
If I can make a difference however small then why not.
My family are aware of my wishes and will plant a tree to visit if they feel the need to have somewhere to mourn or visit me, in which ever country they live in.
Each to their own, but a great thread to make some future plans, after all we all have wills but dont think of the divide or cost to loved ones once we have departed.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Not cremated, nor buried. Instead I am going into a nice cosy Panteon, Spanish-style. A lot warmer than having pile of dirt thrown over you. Oh, wait ... I won't care anyway

Actually, from the perspective of visiting the grave of your relatives, I find Spanish cemeteries less bleak than visiting rows of graves and headstones back in the UK. Maybe it's the sunshine
Old Dec 10th 2006, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

My husband just reminded me that I have always said if he dies first I want to get him stuffed and stand him in the corner so I can carry on talking to him and have his lovely smile on his face! I would stand him in the corner and have hold a tray so I could put my cup of tea on it when I sit next to him.
I have thought a bout this and if I die here, my husband can do what ever he likes. As long as he promises to play 'I'm in the mood for dancing' by the nolans at my funneral!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 10:43 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by maryann
My husband just reminded me that I have always said if he dies first I want to get him stuffed and stand him in the corner so I can carry on talking to him and have his lovely smile on his face! I would stand him in the corner and have hold a tray so I could put my cup of tea on it when I sit next to him.
I have thought a bout this and if I die here, my husband can do what ever he likes. As long as he promises to play 'I'm in the mood for dancing' by the nolans at my funneral!
Have you read about the company that can compress the deceased's ashes into a gem stone ??? Wear your beloved as a pair of earrings or a signet ring.
We were discussing this very subject the other day and I reckoned it could be wild to bake a cake with the ashes then have an amazing tea party !! Very Ortonesque..Or have one's wake before one died so one could enjoy it as well ?
Death is the only thing in life of which you can be absolutely certain...it should be a celebration of a life, whatever it's length...and like all all true celebrations a mixture of laughter and tears
Old Dec 10th 2006, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
We were discussing this very subject the other day and I reckoned it could be wild to bake a cake with the ashes then have an amazing tea party !! Very Ortonesque..

and maybe have a little wacky something added !
Old Dec 10th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

so, i could wear my hubby instead of have him sit next to me? I think I like the idea of wearing him round my neck, i would defiantly want him to wear me round his neck!
The truth is, one of my daughter died 7 years ago and we had to come to terms with the fact that when we moved to Spain we could no longer go to her grave for comfort, I had to change my whole attitude and embrace the here and now and believe that I dont need to go to her grave any more, it's a process, but I have a better coping stratedgy now, I wouldn't have had to do that and move on if I had stayed in England. When I go I dont want anyone to hang around and be tied to my grave, get on with life while you have it, you never know when it will be taken away. xxxxxxxxx
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:37 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maryann
When I go I dont want anyone to hang around and be tied to my grave, get on with life while you have it, you never know when it will be taken away. xxxxxxxxx
My sentiments entirely. We were talking about this only last week and I told my hubby that he's to get me cremated as soon as possible, not put me on ice for a week and pay a fortune just so that the relatives can come out for a funeral. If they want to, they can come for the scattering of my ashes and have a party then.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
If you was to die in Spain, where would you like to be buried uk or Spain?

Just something that has come up in conversation with my parents.

As they like to look at the bright side of life?
I don't mind as long as I go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather.

And not like his passengers.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
Have you read about the company that can compress the deceased's ashes into a gem stone ??? Wear your beloved as a pair of earrings or a signet ring.
We were discussing this very subject the other day and I reckoned it could be wild to bake a cake with the ashes then have an amazing tea party !! Very Ortonesque..Or have one's wake before one died so one could enjoy it as well ?
Death is the only thing in life of which you can be absolutely certain...it should be a celebration of a life, whatever it's length...and like all all true celebrations a mixture of laughter and tears
Hi,
that is a great idea, i have never heard of a company turning you in to gems.
That would be a great gift for the children.
I dont like the idea of being cremated never have done since my grans funeral and being scattered. I think maybe because i was very young and i was scared stiff. but the gem idea is great
Old Dec 10th 2006, 5:02 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Oh well i am lucky financially, and as for reincarnation i want to come back as myself again
As for does it matter, yes to some of us it does.
We have discussed this issue and we care about what others want.

Oopps I'm sorry if I offended you Miss Naughty, I didn't mean to. It's just that I have a positive outlook on life (what is your name, can't keep calling you miss naughty) I agree, it does mean a lot to most people. Hope I didn't offend anyone else
Old Dec 10th 2006, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by helenp
Of course if you don't want to be buried you could have your ashes scattered in Spain and UK.
Does it matter U won't know anything abo ut it will you?????
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Oopps I'm sorry if I offended you Miss Naughty, I didn't mean to. It's just that I have a positive outlook on life (what is your name, can't keep calling you miss naughty) I agree, it does mean a lot to most people. Hope I didn't offend anyone else
Hi,
You did not offend me, no i am not planning on dying any time soon. god if i had my way i would live my life forever
But it is my parents who bought the subject up with us moving and they just wanted to know where i would like to be buried (They look on the bright side ha ha)
Never thought about dying before, but this has made me think.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

We did our wills when we first moved here...then did them again when our daughter was born...then did them again when I realised I left some money to the wrong person! I know, very petty! But you can get like that...if someone pees you off, or doesnt have the same values for money as you do, you do think, you dont want that person to have it.

Its like opening a can of worms, and very very emotional...because its all what if, what if. I had an awful time doing the wills.

Sometimes you find out you´re richer when you´re dead than when you´re alive! Makes you think...live life when you´re alive.

Im not too sure about where to be buried...was I suppose to sort that out with the wills?
Old Dec 11th 2006, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by j0197
We did our wills when we first moved here...then did them again when our daughter was born...then did them again when I realised I left some money to the wrong person! I know, very petty! But you can get like that...if someone pees you off, or doesnt have the same values for money as you do, you do think, you dont want that person to have it.

Its like opening a can of worms, and very very emotional...because its all what if, what if. I had an awful time doing the wills.

Sometimes you find out you´re richer when you´re dead than when you´re alive! Makes you think...live life when you´re alive.

Im not too sure about where to be buried...was I suppose to sort that out with the wills?
HI,
I agree with you. thing that makes me laugh is my father has a lot of assets and we are all in his will.

For me though, there has been times where i have been desperate for money and my father says i should always save for a rainy day, i partly agree however there is no point being the richest corpse in the grave yard, i would rather spend having a good time and helping my children out when they need it.

Rather than leave them cash when i am dead, when there would of been times i could of helped them out when i was alive.
Hubby and i do save, however if it was needed for someone else we would always help other's out.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:42 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget the inheretance tax........
Best to give over the allowance away 7 years before you die ?¿?¿?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.