Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Drone regulations

Drone regulations

Old Jan 17th 2018, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drone regulations

Hi, does anyone know the current regulations on flying a drone in Spain?
I'm in the campo about 10 miles from the coast. Only a couple of villages nearby, one or two campo neighbours and that's it.

Was thinking of buying a camera drone to take aerial footage of my land and the surrounding mountains. Purely for personal reasons and not for commercial gain, just as an expensive toy or play thing really.

Just don't want to get fined.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drone regulations

I've got a friend who goes flying model planes so this is all 2nd hand but....

hang on, off to Google....

back....

how's yer Spanish?

Drones-Trabajos aéreos-Compañías o empresas-AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento

That's the civil aviation site in Spain. Looks like a new law was passed last July.

On brief glance it seems that there are big differences in requirements between drones of under 2kg and those above (and up to 25kg), so if I were you I'd get something under 2kg.

The machine must clearly identify the manufacturer and some other details... I think most of the well known brands do.

Max of 120m (400 feet), 500m distance between you and the drone.

Only in open spaces, not built-up.

8km from an airport.

Maintain sight of the drone.

No license necessary unless making commercial use.

I needed a look, I've got a friend coming over and he's bringing his.

Last edited by Horlics; Jan 17th 2018 at 9:35 am.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drone regulations

Great. Thanks for the info.