Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Don´t buy property in Spain or you will lose a lot of money

Don´t buy property in Spain or you will lose a lot of money

Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don´t buy property in Spain or you will lose a lot of money

Originally Posted by casa del sol
I hope whoever buys it has done their homework.
I think it is going to be demolished as it is on the site of Marbella`s railway station when it is built.
Old Apr 21st 2008, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

casa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond reputecasa del sol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I think it is going to be demolished as it is on the site of Marbella`s railway station when it is built.
Back to original post and the opinion that you could lose a lot of money if you buy in Spain and/or your home could be taken away from you.

Maybe the way to go is to rent, have no worries and have the flexibility to move as and when you want/need to.

To be truthful that is the way I would go if I was looking to live in Spain.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by casa del sol
Back to original post and the opinion that you could lose a lot of money if you buy in Spain and/or your home could be taken away from you.

Maybe the way to go is to rent, have no worries and have the flexibility to move as and when you want/need to.

To be truthful that is the way I would go if I was looking to live in Spain.

The best option by far.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:30 am
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by twyntub
In La Romana there are new flats from 70.000€ and estate agents windows have newly renovated rural properties from just over 100.000€. A friend of ours is selling one, and I know he only paid 20.000 in 2006 and spent 35.000 on the renovations. So there's still profit to be made even at that price.
Assuming it sells.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Charles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really niceCharles_Austin is just really nice

A good one to check:

http://www.expocasa.com/preciometro/
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:30 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charles_Austin
Do you only come on here to bump this thread ? lol
Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:06 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhhhh not this thread again
Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ohhhhhh not this thread again
OMG - am I still gonna lose a lot of money?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 12:34 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

been told the price are to still drop more , about 20% more mate my got a call from a company on east off spain 9667739** asking him would come to spain for four days and show him Property, he say he would no problem , he when over and was broght to few places and didnt like any think but saw place and ask there rep about it and he say he fine out , the place was where i live did live last year , ( it not for sale ) and told him 450,000 euros , so i rang the owner and asked her would she sell it she told me i was 2nd person that ask her , she told the outher person 300,000 eurs but still not up for sale

was there a pool he asked , to be told yes , Now why i moved out was there was no pool , now my mate stay with me last year so he know about the place and ask where the pool was he was told you get a key for the block next door
there no key for next door

but at the end off the 4 days he was brought to a local bar where i just happen to be the plot get deeper lol
i went over and say hello and ask him how he was and chatted for about 10 mins asking him had he move yet and did you sell you Propertys
there agant are rep what ever , keep butting in say how there were meet and not in this words but to fack off

thay rang him some many time he wont pick up the phone any more to them and there blocking there id now

the rep , i saw last week and he ask me like a detective ask me lot about him and me
where did that get his telphone no. in side the airport (airside )
think that wrong

its cold selling and hard sell as my mate say you get locked up in the Uk for that the lies he was told and that sell any think to get a sale
jurdy

Last edited by jurdyr; Jul 6th 2008 at 12:42 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jurdyr
been told the price are to still drop more , about 20% more mate my got a call from a company on east off spain 9667739** asking him would come to spain for four days and show him Property, he say he would no problem , he when over and was broght to few places and didnt like any think but saw place and ask there rep about it and he say he fine out , the place was where i live did live last year , ( it not for sale ) and told him 450,000 euros , so i rang the owner and asked her would she sell it she told me i was 2nd person that ask her , she told the outher person 300,000 eurs but still not up for sale

was there a pool he asked , to be told yes , Now why i moved out was there was no pool , now my mate stay with me last year so he know about the place and ask where the pool was he was told you get a key for the block next door
there no key for next door

but at the end off the 4 days he was brought to a local bar where i just happen to be the plot get deeper lol
i went over and say hello and ask him how he was and chatted for about 10 mins asking him had he move yet and did you sell you Propertys
there agant are rep what ever , keep butting in say how there were meet and not in this words but to fack off

thay rang him some many time he wont pick up the phone any more to them and there blocking there id now

the rep , i saw last week and he ask me like a detective ask me lot about him and me
where did that get his telphone no. in side the airport (airside )
think that wrong

its cold selling and hard sell as my mate say you get locked up in the Uk for that the lies he was told and that sell any think to get a sale
jurdy
Phew!!!! Perhaps I'll read it for a third time, to see if I can make any sense of what you're saying!!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

thinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant futurethinking_about_it has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
The power of the internet ...... we're putting an offer in on a flat in the UK and I'm able to see what it sold for 3 years ago
Found out about an incredibly powerful tool that tracks every single change an estate agent makes to any house listed on the UK property portal rightmove. See http://www.property-bee.com/
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice

#jurdyr, I hope you don't think I'm being rude, but what nationality are you?