Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old May 25th 2015, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Hi guys
I am looking for a good roofer/builder to do a temporary repair to a roof, just until I get out to replace it, its in the old town Martos, pref who knows some english. Help appreciated thanks Jon
Old May 25th 2015, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

timmyf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon b
Hi guys
I am looking for a good roofer/builder to do a temporary repair to a roof, just until I get out to replace it, its in the old town Martos, pref who knows some english. Help appreciated thanks Jon
hi Jon I know a fantastic Moroccan builder that I've used my self but he doesn't speak English im in Martos next week can give him a shout for you if you want image contact with him from the uk
Old May 25th 2015, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Jon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond reputeJon b has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Hi timmyf
Thanks that's great, if you can let me know we're to find him or who to contact as I am in Martos for a few days from Saturday the 6th of june. Thanks again
Old May 25th 2015, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by timmyf
hi Jon I know a fantastic Moroccan builder that I've used my self but he doesn't speak English im in Martos next week can give him a shout for you if you want image contact with him from the uk
pm me with your Martos address and i will send him round
Old May 26th 2015, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Chti Anglais is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the_london_family
Thanks!

But Gosh, who moves to spain to eat chinese food?!?!??!

The funny trees.. are SO BEAUTIFUL aren't they.
They're actually called a "canape" of trees
They have them on Holland Park Avenue and in many other little roads in London.
We live in France and visit Spain in Winter for a Sun top-up and bit of English and decent Chinese/Indian food, This is of course as well as enjoying Spanish cuisine along with top quality Argentinian steaks.
Old Jun 25th 2015, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

obosman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I moved to Martos. Been here now for 2 weeks. If any of you feel like meeting up, send me a message. Would be nice to meet you
Old Jun 25th 2015, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

obosman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicola brown
Hi there, Nicola from Devon. I recently purchased a town house in Martos and have been back 4/5 times. I have travelled from Malaga Airport to Martos by car hire and taxi, but both prove quite expensive. I have been assured there is one bus daily, not weekends, that leaves Malaga airport at 3pm, and returns from Martos at 10 am. I wonder if anyone has travelled this way, and how reliable the service is. Any information would be very much appreciated. I am new to this forum, but have found some of the answers/questions very helpful.
Hi Nicola, I only recently moved to Martos and, as I don't drive, I am dependent on public transport. I arrived in Malaga and took the bus to Granada. And from there to Martos. It was very easy. Although there is a direct bus from Malaga to Martos, this only goes once a day as you mentioned. Stopping over in Granada gives you more choice. I can't remember how much I spent, but it can't have been more than 20 euros
Old Jun 25th 2015, 1:53 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obosman
Hi, I moved to Martos. Been here now for 2 weeks. If any of you feel like meeting up, send me a message. Would be nice to meet you
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 25th 2015, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Nice one will be out in August for 3 weeks cu for a bottle in Los Reales
Old Aug 6th 2015, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by timmyf
Nice one will be out in August for 3 weeks cu for a bottle in Los Reales
Hi Timmy
Nicola here, hope all good with you. Are you actually in Martos? haven't been on the forum for some time now, too much going on!!! Last went to Martos in March and hoping to get back again soon. I remember you saying I should go onto Facebook as it would be a good way of getting in touch with a few more people (British/spanish) who reside or visit Martos. Any chance you could request me as a friend, or vise versa. It would be great to get to know a few more people. Cheers Nicola Brown
Old Aug 7th 2015, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi Timmy
Nicola here, hope all good with you. Are you actually in Martos? haven't been on the forum for some time now, too much going on!!! Last went to Martos in March and hoping to get back again soon. I remember you saying I should go onto Facebook as it would be a good way of getting in touch with a few more people (British/spanish) who reside or visit Martos. Any chance you could request me as a friend, or vise versa. It would be great to get to know a few more people. Cheers Nicola Brown
yes here at the moment weather is very hot 36 deg upto 40 realy hot at night but still love it after 4 yrs just had the internet Connect to our house bit expensive but need a bit of brit tv yes i will request You on fb Try me as well tim farmer picture of me And the wife cu soon
Old Aug 10th 2015, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by obosman
Hi Nicola, I only recently moved to Martos and, as I don't drive, I am dependent on public transport. I arrived in Malaga and took the bus to Granada. And from there to Martos. It was very easy. Although there is a direct bus from Malaga to Martos, this only goes once a day as you mentioned. Stopping over in Granada gives you more choice. I can't remember how much I spent, but it can't have been more than 20 euros
Thanks Obosman, sorry for delay relying, little hectic recently!! It's great to know there's another route. Definitely need to try the bus eventually, especially if I'm ever brave enough to travel alone, ha!!!! How are you settling in at Martos? Very hot there at the minute isn't it!!! Hoping to get back there pretty soon. Cheers
Old Aug 10th 2015, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, I wonder if any of you guys have any knowledge on repairing cracks in plunge pools. I have one in the garden of my Martos home and would like to have it repaired, as a swimming pool is years away, unfortunately!!!! I have researched the Internet and Torque-lock system is advised, but pretty expensive!!! I wonder if Mohammad may be the guy to ask. He made a great job of my terrace, but a little different from plunge pools !!! Cheers Nicola
Old Aug 11th 2015, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, I wonder if any of you guys have any knowledge on repairing cracks in plunge pools. I have one in the garden of my Martos home and would like to have it repaired, as a swimming pool is years away, unfortunately!!!! I have researched the Internet and Torque-lock system is advised, but pretty expensive!!! I wonder if Mohammad may be the guy to ask. He made a great job of my terrace, but a little different from plunge pools !!! Cheers Nicola
just probably needs re rendering using a waterproof adadative or fill the cracks and tile it
Old Aug 21st 2015, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi every one, I'm back in Martos last week in September, if anyone's up for a beer/wine let me know, would be nice to get to know a few of the neighbours!!!! Also thinking of staying at the coast, Malaga for a few days on the way back, but have no idea where it is? I'm told pretty close, but whilst I was in Malaga once before waiting for flight, II never found the beach!!!! Any help really appreciated, cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.