Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Old Oct 22nd 2016, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Maur-Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone live in the Jaen / Martos area?

Hi Nicola, good to see you got some work done in Martos. Did you get the roof problem fixed. Also any update on your electricity/rewiring stuff?
You can get a train to and from Malaga train station/Malaga Airport. Takes about 20 minutes at the most. Did it in September
Old Oct 27th 2016, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Nicola brown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thanks for that. Sadly I have still not had time or finances for roof or electrics! I will get one of the local builders to take a look at my roof when I return. Hopefully it will not cost too much to remedy. Also the electrics, I have decided will last a while longer, as apart from a little lighting and TV/music, it is required for nothing more, as I use gas for everything else! I think my plumbing will be the next thing, as I still have lead piping!!!! Costly I think, Cheers Nicola
Old Nov 1st 2016, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Sharonwre is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, my husband and I have purchased a house just outside of Martos. We moved in just over 3 months ago and are settling down nicely. It would be good to meet others living in Martos, please send me a message if you fancy meeting up for a coffee or something stronger!
Old Nov 1st 2016, 9:13 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharonwre
Hi, my husband and I have purchased a house just outside of Martos. We moved in just over 3 months ago and are settling down nicely. It would be good to meet others living in Martos, please send me a message if you fancy meeting up for a coffee or something stronger!
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Dawn Jones48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the_london_family
Hi, we're moving to martos soon and were wondering if anybody could give us any general advice. On the area, living there, shopping, people? All information would be hugely appreciated!
Hi I've been looking online at houses and am hoping to visit to view some. May I ask if you have bought a house? If so, what are your recommendations???
Thanks Dawn
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 10:03 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn Jones48
Hi I've been looking online at houses and am hoping to visit to view some. May I ask if you have bought a house? If so, what are your recommendations???
Thanks Dawn
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Rosemary
Old Nov 6th 2016, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

Dawn Jones48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sharon sorry to message you directly but my Husband and I are looking at houses
Online and trying to arrange hols to come and view at the end of the onth. May I ask how you found the move and if you have any recommendations on do's and don't's of house buying in martos? Any advice welcomed thanks Dawn
Old Nov 6th 2016, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Sharonwre is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dawn

We love Martos and we have only had a positive experience. The dos are really to make sure you do your research on the area considering things that are important to you just as you would anywhere. Use an estate agent and lawyer that you trust and have references. Don't rush in with your heart, take it slow and negotiate! Let me know when you are here and we would be happy to meet up with and your husband to talk about the highs and lows of our move! I wouldn't change it!
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Sharonwre
Hi Dawn

We love Martos and we have only had a positive experience. The dos are really to make sure you do your research on the area considering things that are important to you just as you would anywhere. Use an estate agent and lawyer that you trust and have references. Don't rush in with your heart, take it slow and negotiate! Let me know when you are here and we would be happy to meet up with and your husband to talk about the highs and lows of our move! I wouldn't change it!

Rosemary
Old Nov 10th 2016, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Sam1993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

My partner and I are moving in February to Martos! We are renting a townhouse from a friend.

We visited in September and can't wait to move!

Does anyone know the process of applying for an NIE in the U.K.? It's so overwhelming trying to get this all sorted!

We're a young couple in our early 20's, would love to meet people from on here when we move!
Old Nov 10th 2016, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Sam1993
Hi!

My partner and I are moving in February to Martos! We are renting a townhouse from a friend.

We visited in September and can't wait to move!

Does anyone know the process of applying for an NIE in the U.K.? It's so overwhelming trying to get this all sorted!

We're a young couple in our early 20's, would love to meet people from on here when we move!
Unless it is essential for you to gain your NIE before your move I believe that you would be better off waiting until you live here as it is quite straightforward.

Rosemary
Old Nov 21st 2016, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

unhappymartos is an unknown quantity at this point

i cant name and shame but...

Last edited by Fred James; Nov 21st 2016 at 6:25 pm. Reason: So Don't
Old Nov 21st 2016, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

"Reason: Joining BE in order to name and shame is not allowed."

If I have had bad service from a company and wish to draw it to the attention of others who have an interest by, in this case, being in the same area and often seeking knowledge and advice, what is the acceptable way to do it? That is if I've never posted before on the forum.
I did by the way see the previous post before it was moderated.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

unhappymartos is an unknown quantity at this point

this was my pension i sunk into this... i think it is very important to raise this matter as a concern for others investing in this area and that company! even if my post gets taken off again and im barred!
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Maur-Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

So so sorry for you, especially as this company has been named and praised on the forum on many ocassions. So it is vital to see the other side

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.