Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DO THE SPANISH REALY LIKE US

DO THE SPANISH REALY LIKE US

Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: DO THE SPANISH REALY LIKE US

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I have been saving it for a rainy day, but felt that this thread needed some balance!
And have I had some rainy days here in sheffield. Thought at one bit I was gonna have to grow gills
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:18 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
And have I had some rainy days here in sheffield. Thought at one bit I was gonna have to grow gills
yeah, been a bit bad eh?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:27 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

yeah, been a bit bad eh?
Flash cards for instant learning: Don't lose them - Use them

OK is that it have we highjacked this thread enough now.....
Old Jul 6th 2007, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

yeah, been a bit bad eh?
just a bit, has rained every day for over 3 weeks. I live about 3/4 mile from Ulley dam, what they thought was gonna burst its banks. luckily it was gonna flow the opposite way, or not if you live in that direction! today only a bit of rain bit winds like winter blowing a proper gale, plants that survived the rain are now laid flat cos of the wind. roll on end of July when our house completes and we can get a few weeks of sunshine before the winter comes
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Grazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Grazy, I don't know whats got into you
If people want to carry on the thread then they'll carry on the thread ..... no need to incite people to leave!
Hi Mitzyboy,

You can only go so far with kicking the ball of modern language around and then you reach the inevitable crisis, where people have forgotten what they were supposed to be writing about and the meaning of the words (And the subjective interpretation)becomes to vague to be of any help to anyone.

I have a responsibility to try and keep standards as high as possible and when people decide that the pub is more inviting than the thread, it doesn’t take a lot to work out that the time has come to lead by example.

Other contributors don’t have to stop just because I’ve moved on.

If I abort a thread, it is simply because it has become stale to me and I wish to contribute elsewhere in the forum. (Fresh Meat.)
This is a great forum, let’s try to maintain, good humor, intellectualism, direct expression from our own life experience, philosophy and much more.

When going down the pub to talk b-----ks, becomes more interesting than the posts of potentially wise people, then it IS time to do something.

I love your posts.

You may want to see my post on “Cognitive Dissonance” and equally you may not.

Love to you and all contributors (Sorry if some people can’t handle the L word)

Grazy
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:03 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grazy
I have a responsibility to try and keep standards as high as possible and when people decide that the pub is more inviting than the thread, it doesn’t take a lot to work out that the time has come to lead by example....................

Grazy
is there an election for new mods I don't know about
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:19 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:43 am
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Yes there is, and I'm standing for the 'really silly party'
Old Jul 7th 2007, 1:34 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mitzyboy,

You can only go so far with kicking the ball of modern language around and then you reach the inevitable crisis, where people have forgotten what they were supposed to be writing about and the meaning of the words (And the subjective interpretation)becomes to vague to be of any help to anyone.

I have a responsibility to try and keep standards as high as possible and when people decide that the pub is more inviting than the thread, it doesn’t take a lot to work out that the time has come to lead by example.

Other contributors don’t have to stop just because I’ve moved on.

If I abort a thread, it is simply because it has become stale to me and I wish to contribute elsewhere in the forum. (Fresh Meat.)
This is a great forum, let’s try to maintain, good humor, intellectualism, direct expression from our own life experience, philosophy and much more.

When going down the pub to talk b-----ks, becomes more interesting than the posts of potentially wise people, then it IS time to do something.

I love your posts.

You may want to see my post on “Cognitive Dissonance” and equally you may not.

Love to you and all contributors (Sorry if some people can’t handle the L word)

Grazy
Grazy I'm glad you enjoy my posts ..... but sorry my friend this is all so far off topic on an important thread now, so if you want to start a thread on this then put it in Siesta if you like ... have no idea what Cognitive Dissonance is, but presumably I should see a doctor if I have it

But for now this is about if the Spanish like us please, and if you have had enough of the subject then please leave us to lower our standards

Gotta love you and leave you now

JJ
Old Jul 7th 2007, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Grazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the rough

Grazy I'm glad you enjoy my posts ..... but sorry my friend this is all so far off topic on an important thread now, so if you want to start a thread on this then put it in Siesta if you like ... have no idea what Cognitive Dissonance is, but presumably I should see a doctor if I have it

But for now this is about if the Spanish like us please, and if you have had enough of the subject then please leave us to lower our standards

Gotta love you and leave you now

JJ
Hi Mitziboy,
The Cognitive Dissonance thread is now causing eruptions in the “Lounge”!

As far as “Do The Spanish Like Us”; some do, some tolerate us and some don’t.

I shall leave you to it now!

Love to all

Grazy
Old Jul 7th 2007, 5:18 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mitziboy,

As far as “Do The Spanish Like Us”; some do, some tolerate us and some don’t.

I shall leave you to it now!

Love to all

Grazy
The Lounge one does seem to be going well, who would have though it eh?
Old Jul 7th 2007, 5:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mitziboy,

Grazy

Well theres a suprise ..... did no one warn you about the lounge ... you'll certainly meet some people to love there
Old Jul 7th 2007, 10:09 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Well theres a suprise ..... did no one warn you about the lounge ... you'll certainly meet some people to love there
ROFLMFAO!!!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 8:32 am
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=SUSIE_WONG;5018248]Sorry, but I don't agree, I can see no advantage in positive discrimination. I don't think it's the best way to help those who are weaker or less advantaged. If I don't get any help why should others do? All I have achieved in life is due to my hard work, and I have not received any help from anybody. But I have had the same opportunities as others, and that's enough for me. No discrimination is good, no matter how you call it.QUOTE]

Well every single political party in the Basque Country disagrees with you. Except one. Wonder who that would be? With only 600,000 speakers, the language has a serious disadvantage to Spanish. It needs support to grow - this involves exposing people to the language, making it easier for them to learn and providing an infrastructure where people can lead their daily lives in the language. This means giving people the choice to study in Basque in school and university, allowing them to deal with the Basque government in that language and bringing the language up to a level of importance and usage with Spanish.

Basque is possibly the oldest language in the world – ‘possibly’ as there is no way to set an accurate date to establish quite how long it has been spoken for. After years of repression when it could have been lost, there are now steps in place to revive the amount it is spoken. Thank god for that. The same way that threatened animals need positive steps to stop them getting wiped out and grow in number, so does the basque language.

What a tragedy to history, culture and knowledge it would have been to allow a rich, beautiful language to die. That’s why it should and needs to receive help - to allow a beautiful thing to grow and flourish.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 8:36 am
Straw Man.

[QUOTE=Lochy;5025554]
Originally Posted by SUSIE_WONG
Sorry, but I don't agree, I can see no advantage in positive discrimination. I don't think it's the best way to help those who are weaker or less advantaged. If I don't get any help why should others do? All I have achieved in life is due to my hard work, and I have not received any help from anybody. But I have had the same opportunities as others, and that's enough for me. No discrimination is good, no matter how you call it.QUOTE]

Well every single political party in the Basque Country disagrees with you. Except one. Wonder who that would be? With only 600,000 speakers, the language has a serious disadvantage to Spanish. It needs support to grow - this involves exposing people to the language, making it easier for them to learn and providing an infrastructure where people can lead their daily lives in the language. This means giving people the choice to study in Basque in school and university, allowing them to deal with the Basque government in that language and bringing the language up to a level of importance and usage with Spanish.

Basque is possibly the oldest language in the world – ‘possibly’ as there is no way to set an accurate date to establish quite how long it has been spoken for. After years of repression when it could have been lost, there are now steps in place to revive the amount it is spoken. Thank god for that. The same way that threatened animals need positive steps to stop them getting wiped out and grow in number, so does the basque language.

What a tragedy to history, culture and knowledge it would have been to allow a rich, beautiful language to die. That’s why it should and needs to receive help - to allow a beautiful thing to grow and flourish.
I can see that your very passionate about this issue Lochy but how do you feel about the methods used to impose a Basque nation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.