Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DO THE SPANISH REALY LIKE US

DO THE SPANISH REALY LIKE US

Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Grazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: DO THE SPANISH REALY LIKE US

Originally Posted by SUSIE_WONG
You are right, everyone has different ideas and they should all be respected. I didn't come into this forum to quarrel, I just wanted to give my point of view.

I apologize if I have sounded rude or upset anyone.

I can't be upset today, it's Friday, and the weekend is almost here!
Hi to SUSIE_WONG

We need people like you; there are many people down here who need to learn to open up and write from their heart.

I love everybody. Dirty, smelly and skint, upwards.

Due to my illness I am permanently on; Morphine, Pregabalin, Tramadol and Clonazepam.

As a result of all this my perception is altered and I see life as it really is, without any facades.

We are all born and our task is to overcome many, many, obstacles. This teaches us understanding of our own lives and those of others. From this we can start to develop Universal Compassion

We will all die and the “law of Life”, just like a computer will work out our value at our time of death.

We will pass thru many test just after our death and the strength and belief in the “Truth” that we have learned will help us to bypass the many temptations of the Bardo of Becoming and according to how loving we have been to other beings, we will eventually choose our own rebirth.

You can choose to believe what I have told you or have a laugh over it it, but all this is based on many years of studying the life of the Buddha, meditating and also on personal insights I have received over the years, including near death experiences, life reviews etc.

Wishing you all, a long and happy life!

My love to all readers

Grazy
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Grazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the roughGrazy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I don't think you have upset anyone Susie ........ wish I could join in but I don't know enough about the subject under discussion.

Grazy ....... when you've been on this forum long enough you will know that people always bare their souls on here. I don't see the current posts as being slagging off, just vigorous discussion, and I hope Susie sees it the same way
HI Mitzyboy,

I enjoy your posts and can see that you have much wisdom.

I will take on board you advice.

Unconditional Love, Universal Compassion and a Loving Heart.

This is what we all should be working towards.

Grazy
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:44 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grazy
HI Mitzyboy,

I enjoy your posts and can see that you have much wisdom.

I will take on board you advice.

Unconditional Love, Universal Compassion and a Loving Heart.

This is what we all should be working towards.

Grazy
Very nice sentiments.

I must admit, my answer to the main question of this post would have to be - "what chance do we have of the spanish liking us when they don't even get along between themselves!!??".

My “idea” of what spain would be like before I got here is very different to the one I see. I love the country, I love living here, and think the way of life is spectacularly much better here than in the UK. However, I’ve been amazed at how fractured the country is and how radical some of the politicians are. I wish Rajoy and others in the PP party would take some of your sentiments on board. They are currently involved in the politics of hate, spreading fear and prejudice in order to get power. It’s scary stuff when you hear them and it’s dividing the country even further.

Unfortunately, it also seems to be effective and people believe it
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:24 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi to SUSIE_WONG
We need people like you; there are many people down here who need to learn to open up and write from their heart.
I love everybody. Dirty, smelly and skint, upwards.
Due to my illness I am permanently on; Morphine, Pregabalin, Tramadol and Clonazepam.
As a result of all this my perception is altered and I see life as it really is, without any facades.
We are all born and our task is to overcome many, many, obstacles. This teaches us understanding of our own lives and those of others. From this we can start to develop Universal Compassion
We will all die and the “law of Life”, just like a computer will work out our value at our time of death.
We will pass thru many test just after our death and the strength and belief in the “Truth” that we have learned will help us to bypass the many temptations of the Bardo of Becoming and according to how loving we have been to other beings, we will eventually choose our own rebirth.
You can choose to believe what I have told you or have a laugh over it it, but all this is based on many years of studying the life of the Buddha, meditating and also on personal insights I have received over the years, including near death experiences, life reviews etc.
Wishing you all, a long and happy life!
My love to all readers
Grazy

Hey Grazy

a person after my own heart, yes we are all on our own personal journey's if we know it or not I believe what we do now will reflect upon our rebirth.

There are six realms of rebirth and each one is a learning curve, that we each have to complete, in each realm there are many levels to obtain and rebirth can be within 31 possible destinations, starting with hell; a place of woe which brings evil acts done in previous lives but thankfully it is not a place of damnation. We then go through the animal, ghosts, Titans on the fifth level we have us humans highly desirable and difficult to attain so each and eveyone every one of us should pat ourselves on the back for achieving this level. Then we have the sixth rebirth which we are all striving for being reborn as a god in an idyllic paradise, we have potential and handicaps to our spiritual progress and we are all thankfully at different levels of this.

Through our journey's it is easy to become complacent and loose sight of the need to strive for nirvana it gladens my heart to read your post and hear that you are at piece with your self.

I wish you well, and I pray for your good health.

Last edited by crispy; Jul 6th 2007 at 1:29 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hey Grazy

a person after my own heart, yes we are all on our own personal journey's if we know it or not I believe what we do now will reflect upon our rebirth.

There are six realms of rebirth and each one is a learning curve, that we each have to complete, in each realm there are many levels to obtain and rebirth can be within 31 possible destinations, starting with hell; a place of woe which brings evil acts done in previous lives but thankfully it is not a place of damnation. We then go through the animal, ghosts, Titans on the fifth level we have us humans highly desirable and difficult to attain so each and eveyone every one of us should pat ourselves on the back for achieving this level. Then we have the sixth rebirth which we are all striving for being reborn as a god in an idyllic paradise, we have potential and handicaps to our spiritual progress and we are all thankfully at different levels of this.

Through our journey's it is easy to become complacent and loose sight of the need to strive for nirvana it gladens my heart to read your post and hear that you are at piece with your self.

I wish you well, and I pray for your good health.
Hi crispygirl and to all other esteemed members,

Your posts are wonderfully refreshing. When I read such posts it reminds me that, we are never alone

“To see the world in a grain of sand.”

What does it mean? Maybe it means that the purpose of life can be found in every minute detail of creation. Stare at a rose for a long, long, time and let all arising thoughts drift by, let go of all attachments and you will see this world as it really is, a place where we are all free to embark upon a spiritual journey.

People talk about politicians ruining the world, but it is people who are ruining the world.

Every time you recycle a plastic bag you are reversing this process. You! Not a politician.

Politicians only
hold office and the power that goes with it because of the way we the public think.

If we change our individual thinking, then all the politicians will be changed for different ones, who get our (The) message.

(For anybody who may be interested, I have had some powerful spiritual experiences in my life (All of which have been radically life changing.) and I am very willing to share them with people who are interested in looking beyond the material, which has no true existence (No independent existence.)

What have I given today? This is the most important question there is to ask.

Then ask what work have I done and what have I received as a result?

At the end of each day, dedicate all your achievements and your benefits to your god whoever that might be. Don’t take credit for your work.

As our ego becomes smaller, so the more inner peace we find.

My love to everybody and may we all find inner peace.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

SUSIE_WONG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lochy
Yes, positive discrimination is a good kind of discrimination – it equals society for the weaker or less advantaged. In this instance it is trying to allow basque speakers the same advantages as spanish speakers. This means they have the choice to learn in basque, Spanish or a mixture. It’s just nonsense to say you can’t find a school where Spanish is not treated as a foreign language.

And, don’t worry – you haven’t offended me!! I love a good discussion, especially with a native! But your perception is wrong and it worries me when I watch Spanish news and read certain areas of the press where this stuff is reported. It’s a million miles away from the reality and it’s creating tension between the regions. You’re right, these issues are being used as a political weapon by the extremes of Spanish politics, not just here but on a national level led by the pp party. And people keep going along with it.
Sorry, but I don't agree, I can see no advantage in positive discrimination. I don't think it's the best way to help those who are weaker or less advantaged. If I don't get any help why should others do? All I have achieved in life is due to my hard work, and I have not received any help from anybody. But I have had the same opportunities as others, and that's enough for me. No discrimination is good, no matter how you call it.

Yes, there is tension between the regions, but it is not due to the pp. It's the nationalist political partys who create it, and this is not new. The regions with nationalist partys get more money and more investments from the main goverment, and they never have enough. For many years, regions like Cataluña and the Basque region have benefited of this while other regions who needed more didn't get enough. Talking about the dictatorship, during those years all the big companies where pushed to be based in the basque region and Cataluna, and for many years they have been the richest regions in Spain, while others had to put up with the leftovers. I think that can create a little tension, don't you?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

SUSIE_WONG will become famous soon enough

Don't take me wrong. I love Spain, it's not perfect, but I would never dream of moving elsewhere. It has bars ( that are opened until late), octopus and jamon serrano. ¿Who could ask for more?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:43 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Grazy

All anger can be transformed into sharp intelligence, ignorance into calm equanimity and passion into warmth of compassion........the biggest feelings of failing can be the seed of the enlightened mind.

By seeing clearly how we cause harm to others by our selfishness, we can take personal responsibility for reducing the suffering in our environment. You are right it is us the people and not the politics and politictions.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 4:36 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

There is far too much loving on this thread for me to be involved, I'm off to TIO to watch someone get banned.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Grazy

All anger can be transformed into sharp intelligence, ignorance into calm equanimity and passion into warmth of compassion........the biggest feelings of failing can be the seed of the enlightened mind.

By seeing clearly how we cause harm to others by our selfishness, we can take personal responsibility for reducing the suffering in our environment. You are right it is us the people and not the politics and politictions.
I like you already. You can see that there is a way to end suffering.

You can also see that we bear the responsibility for everthing that happens to us.

I look forward to talking with you more!

Love

Grazy
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:26 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

please make it stop........
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
There is far too much loving on this thread for me to be involved, I'm off to TIO to watch someone get banned.
"Love is all there is" Everything else however much you may enjoy it is empty of indepenent existence. We are here to learn how to love. It's that simple.

Love (Oooops sorry!

Grazy)
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:34 pm
Straw Man.

"Love is all there is" Everything else however much you may enjoy it is empty of indepenent existence. We are here to learn how to love. It's that simple.

Love (Oooops sorry!

Grazy)
There is no such thing as love, affection, yes, attraction definitely, compassion, in some people yep.......but love? No, its a myth, a word invented for poets and artists.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeanc
being in their country. As another race row kicks off in Big Brother and someone is booted off for a racist remark, I am wondering how we are recieved in Spain, when we are living there and not just holidaying. Do the Spanish just tolerate the other nationalities that are living there, or do they genuinely accept us?
Some of them do. Some of them don't. Some of them don't even know we exist.

Does it even matter?

As long as we are happy ,that we are living our own lives in a RESPONSIBLE way and that we are following the path that we feel is beneficial, then that's it.

Your Q is one of the widest generalizations ever published on planet Earth and I am sure that you meant it to be so.

Grazy
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:40 pm
Straw Man.

Jean hasn't been on for a week, man is she going to be shocked at her thread!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.