Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

DENTAL IMPLANTS EXPERIENCE IN SPAIN ?????

DENTAL IMPLANTS EXPERIENCE IN SPAIN ?????

Old Feb 10th 2016, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DENTAL IMPLANTS EXPERIENCE IN SPAIN ?????

Hi, I couldn't help noticing adverts on Spanish TV for Dentix offering dental implantes for 222 euros. This is the price of just the socket that is fitted into the jaw bone. The actual false tooth /crown to go on top of this is another few hundred euros. They appear to be a national network of dental clinics and there is one near my place. Compared to the UK its about half price, hence a bargain. QUESTION ; Has anyone out there had dental implantes in spain and were you happy with the results. I need some assurance before I contact them.

Thanks Keith.
PS. My alternative is to have the dead tooth root filled (this particular one not possible on NHS) which in the UK will be at least £600 and it could still snap off in a few years time!! Not my No 1 choice.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 3:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DENTAL IMPLANTS EXPERIENCE IN SPAIN ?????

Cannot answer your question but have been told to avoid the national network dentist because their prices are higher than independent dentist but it is only what I have been told by my Spanish friends.

Rosemary
Old Feb 10th 2016, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

A friend has had a few done by a German dentist in Marbella last year. They said it was a fraction of the cost in the and the service etc was superb. apparently he has done thousands of implants

When I next see them I could get his details for you
Old Feb 10th 2016, 4:29 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

That seems expensive for a root filling.
If I were you, I would rather my own tooth than an implant. I would seek a quotation from another dentist in the UK or Spain
Old Feb 10th 2016, 4:38 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

€222 seems really cheap. I use a Danish dentist and he quoted about €1000 for the implant and about €400 for the crown. His charge for a root filling is about €160.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:48 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola

I was considering an implant but decided against it after reading the NHS information. So shortly my dentist is going to create a bridge to the tooth next to it. I already have a bridge to one side of the missing tooth and was a little surprised that it wasn´t to be a four tooth bridge, but my dentist said NO.

The cost of the bridge is 800€

Davexf
Old Feb 10th 2016, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys, I would say that the problem tooth (an upper eye tooth) is pretty ugly as it was heavily filled some ten years ago and regretably the one in front of it was extracted maybe eight years ago, hence the possibility of ONE implant fixing with like a twin crown on the top seems a good solution on the face of it.
In see there are a few clinics around Huelva which would suit me nicely.

STILL INTERESTED TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO HAS HAS THIS PROCEDURE.

Thanks again.keith
Old Feb 10th 2016, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Like everything you get what you pay for - I have been told these cheap 'chain' dentist outfits do not supply top quality posts or implant teeth.

I now have 3 implants which I paid around 1,000€ each for and have not had any problems. I went to a qualified dentist and am very happy with the results.

If the bone is badly drilled or implant badly fitted or poor quality I believe you will have serious problems.

I would not take the risk.