British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Delivery Problems ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/delivery-problems-901402/)

Ingles Aug 9th 2017 11:58 am

Delivery Problems ?

Do you have them over goods bought from UK WS i.e. EBay ?

tebo53 Aug 9th 2017 12:10 pm

Re: Delivery Problems ?

Originally Posted by Ingles (Post 12312925)
Do you have them over goods bought from UK WS i.e. EBay ?

Bit difficult to understand your question but I've had loads of items from eBay and Amazon delivered here without any problems.

Steve

lurchio Aug 9th 2017 12:20 pm

I think it is very dependant on where you live, town, city, village etc. We live 'on the campo' so having endured months of 'missed deliveries' (i.e. can't be bothered to find us and theres another 50 drops on board) I make sure our telephone numbers are included on the labels address details, the Courier rings us and I meet them in the local gasolinera! Only one that comes to the gate is via Correos, and our local Postman.

Ingles Aug 9th 2017 12:37 pm

Thanks guy's :- To explain :-
The Royal Mail UK bought some time ago a Dutch based Logistics Company called GLS to deliver ALL there "Royal Mail International Signed For" Post ,as far as I can sought out GLS do this all over "Europe" on RM-UK behalf.

We here are having a lot off problems with GLS ,because it seems most off there drivers can't be arsed to do there jobs , & just don't deliver , & then falsify the feed back when you check there WS to try to find out where your delivery is !!! i.e. Office Closed - Left Notification utter BS as I work from home & was in the day's they quoted !
I personal have had just 2 Items sent thru the above system so far this year & both where undelivered !!
I'm really getting p'd off because I need these products for my business

lurchio Aug 9th 2017 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Ingles (Post 12312971)
Thanks guy's :- To explain :-
The Royal Mail UK bought some time ago a Dutch based Logistics Company called GLS to deliver ALL there "Royal Mail International Signed For" Post ,as far as I can sought out GLS do this all over "Europe" on RM-UK behalf.

We here are having a lot off problems with GLS ,because it seems most off there drivers can't be arsed to do there jobs , & just don't deliver , & then falsify the feed back when you check there WS to try to find out where your delivery is !!! i.e. Office Closed - Left Notification utter BS as I work from home & was in the day's they quoted !
I personal have had just 2 Items sent thru the above system so far this year & both where undelivered !!
I'm really getting p'd off because I need these products for my business

Sorry to hear that, but its not just that Company. I have much experience of down right lying from Courier companies, not in..we were, no reply telephone...it never rang nor showed any missed calls. Trouble is, it may START its journey with UPS,DPD or some huge Courier, but it all goes to Rat shit when the local 'Agent' who is multi franchised gets it. The fun then starts, as do the lies. I willingly pay more locally for something just to save the hassle!
This is definitively NOT the UK for parcel delivery I am afraid. Realise its no joke if its your business.