Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Old Jan 31st 2013, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

Originally Posted by Fred James
I did have some problems a few years ago when I first applied but that was a problem with Internet Explorer. This time is used Google Chrome and there were no problems and no need to alter anything on the PC.

The longest part of the process is entering your NIE number which is the only data needed, then it take a couple of click to get the necessary code printed out to take to the relevant office for certification.

They will even give you a list of suitable places to take the form to if you key in you location.
I have recently put google chrome on my Lappy so perhaps time to have another go. Still run Norton though.

No probs on where to take the form we have a choice 4 offices within 200m radius right on the main square.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

mikeglover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Declaring worldwide assets to Hacienda

I am thinking of moving over here full time and, when i do, i will apply for residence within the required time limit. However, this is going to be after 30th April. Do i still need to fill in the overseas wealth forms even though i wont be a resident by 30th April or do i then have untill the following 30th April or do i have to fill in the forms as soon as i become resident ?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

I did have some problems a few years ago when I first applied but that was a problem with Internet Explorer. This time is used Google Chrome and there were no problems and no need to alter anything on the PC.

The longest part of the process is entering your NIE number which is the only data needed, then it take a couple of click to get the necessary code printed out to take to the relevant office for certification.

They will even give you a list of suitable places to take the form to if you key in you location.
I have got my reference number OK but I cannot get the link to find the nearest office. I just get a blank page. I have enabled pop-ups, disabled virus protection and firewall but got no joy in latest versions of FF, Chrome, Opera or IE9, I even tried it on two browsers on my tablet with no luck. Is that part of the site down? If not could someone PM me with the nearest choices for postcode 41850 please?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:05 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikeglover
I am thinking of moving over here full time and, when i do, i will apply for residence within the required time limit. However, this is going to be after 30th April. Do i still need to fill in the overseas wealth forms even though i wont be a resident by 30th April or do i then have untill the following 30th April or do i have to fill in the forms as soon as i become resident ?
Mike, if you are moving to Spain then you have to remember that their financial year starts on 1st January not 6th April, as in the UK. The 30th April is just the date for the implementation of the new rules, after which it will revert to a full year.
You will have to fill in the forms in the following year if I read this right.

`
Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:08 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The declaration, just like the declaration for income tax, is for the previous year so, as you were not resident during that tax year, you don't declare.

Assuming you become resident during 2013 you will have to declare in 2014.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:13 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Fred, think that is what I was trying to say, but yours sounds better than mine
Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

mikeglover is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks, Fred and Domino for the clarrification
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:33 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
If not could someone PM me with the nearest choices for postcode 41850 please?
AYUNTAMIENTO DE HINOJOS (HUELVA)

PLAZA ESPAÑA, 2, Población: HINOJOS, CP: 21470, País: España
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Thank you Fred. The next village. I wonder why I (still) can't get the page. I've tried everything I can think of.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:42 pm

What browser are you using?

It had some problems with Chrome on my iPad but it worked OK on Chrome on my desktop.

Make sure you also read the info here http://goo.gl/zbRlk

Last edited by Fred James; Feb 1st 2013 at 5:44 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

What browser are you using?

It had some problems with Chrome on my iPad but it worked OK on Chrome on my desktop.

Make sure you also read the info here http://goo.gl/zbRlk
Chrome as default but I also tried, without success, Firefox, Opera and IE9. Also FF for Android and Boat browser for Android. I'll see if your link can give me any clues.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

OK, my gestor has received the forms

We have to give full IBAN codes for all bank accounts together with the balance at 31 December as well as the average balance for the previous quarter. We have to give the full address for property we own, and we have to give ISIN codes (whatever they are) for shares and bonds

Enough said?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

Hollande wants us in France but we have declared everything in the UK and worldwide to them. We have had no problems yet. Our assets in the UK are subject and have been so since 2001 to a discretionary trust.

We have wills both in the UK and France.

Very seriously I am now thinking instead of moving to Spain to go back to the UK and take my chances there. And big chances exist. But thinking this through in France we can have a SCI which is essentially a limited liability company with a share distribution.

It would be madness in the autumn of our lives to expose everything you have worked for in let us say 44 years to Spain which like most other European Countries save for Germany is broke.

This is so depressing as much so as the se vendre signs I saw in Spain in October. Better go back and spend 30 days or so max 60 in Spain and rent. I would never buy in a million years in Spain. This posting has destroyed the dream. At least if non-resident you can decide where to spend your money in Spain.

For balance and despite the downturn in prices I would never again buy in France. Pour example a house at 200000 euros through an agent then +7% for their fees and then the Notaire + 7% so in total 228000. Moment you leave the notaires office in strict arithmetical terms your house is value at 200000.

Pity we did not have more sun in the UK.

Such an interesting thread.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:33 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
OK, my gestor has received the forms

We have to give full IBAN codes for all bank accounts together with the balance at 31 December as well as the average balance for the previous quarter. We have to give the full address for property we own, and we have to give ISIN codes (whatever they are) for shares and bonds

Enough said?
Could it be that all that info is "requested" with the threat of big fines, because quite frankly there is no other way for the Spanish tax to find out that info from the British banks etc, unless it is given out by the account holders?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
Could it be that all that info is "requested" with the threat of big fines, because quite frankly there is no other way for the Spanish tax to find out that info from the British banks etc, unless it is given out by the account holders?
Well, if I told them there was 50p in my bank account I doubt they would find out any different easily.

However, it is invasive as I dont tell ANYONE in Spain where I live in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.