CRB check?

Old Oct 16th 2017, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

lucy544 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CRB check?

Hi,

I am moving to Barcelona, Spain, and I am going to work as a nanny, but they need a CRB check, I can get one done here in england fine, but I wanted to know if i got one from here would it be valid in spain?

or would it be easier to obtain one once im there, does anyone know the process?

kind regards

Lucy
Old Oct 16th 2017, 12:20 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CRB check?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 16th 2017, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

This is now known as a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check. It can only be undertaken in the UK by the UK authorities - so why would it be valid in Spain as it only relates to UK residence? Whether it is accepted is another question!
Old Oct 16th 2017, 4:31 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

I teach children at a local school (voluntary) and had to get a 'CRB' check. We filled in the form, took it to our PROP office and it was back within a fortnight. During that time they had also checked us in UK (as that's where I was born - a necessary check I was told).

(We live in the province of Valencia and here it's called a PROP office - other areas may call it something else.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

I work as a teacher so need one of these - it's usual to be asked (including here in Spain) for one from each of the countries I've lived and worked in.

I understand that where the DBS is an issue for teachers(ie you can't apply for it yourself) you can get a simpler version from the scottish police that will suffice. I haven't done that so can't speak from experience but there's a discussion here https://community.tes.com/threads/ac...#post-12084654

Also for teachers the style of the spanish check (which I think you will also need) changed in the last year or two and if you're going to get one done here as well it wouldbe worth checking which version you need.

More info on that here Certificado de Antecedentes Penales - Trámites y gestiones personales - Ministerio de Justicia
Old Oct 17th 2017, 1:58 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
I work as a teacher so need one of these - it's usual to be asked (including here in Spain) for one from each of the countries I've lived and worked in.
That's interesting, I have lived and worked in a number of European countries, which I mentioned to them - all they were interested in was Spain (where I live now) and England (where I was born).
Old Oct 17th 2017, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
That's interesting, I have lived and worked in a number of European countries, which I mentioned to them - all they were interested in was Spain (where I live now) and England (where I was born).
No, I need a complete record. I have quite a collection of them now.

In some cases the school's insistence is more down to wanting to follow british child protection guidelines rather than any law in the country concerned. Sometimes they've been mentioned during the recruitment process but never chased up later.

So when I say "I need" it may not be strictly true but it's always a good idea to get one before you leave just in case - it's nearly always easier to do in situ than later on once you've left the country.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

My son works in China. He had to obtain a Disclosure Scotland Advanced before he went. He had to scan it over along with all his other docs. Anybody can apply for this. Volunteers have to do it all the time.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

check on .gov.uk
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

It should be valid , get it translated by an official courts translator , shouldn't cost much.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Problems arise when you have spent time living or working in really exotic locations and need CRB checks for them, Try Uzbekistan, Burjina Faso, Bhutan !

Best to get them before you leave your "exotic location" !