Costa De Luz

Old Dec 1st 2004, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa De Luz

Originally Posted by Nige
Good on you Glynis !
That walk along the cliffs. You can get to the lighthouse at Cabo Roche by car although it is a bit tricky to find from the Roche side. Then you can see Conil to the East and towards Cadiz is unspoilt walking along the cliffs. Some of the coves are accessible. You can walk all along and get down to the beach at Barossa. On a clear day you can see Cabo Trafalgar in the distance and imagine those warships in October 1805. :scared:
Thanks Nige, if coming from Barossa do I start off at Santa Petri? I must get a good map which gives walks like this.
Old Dec 3rd 2004, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by glynis
Thanks Nige, if coming from Barossa do I start off at Santa Petri? I must get a good map which gives walks like this.
Good map ? Not sure as there have been so many new roads in the area. If you can find the directions to the lighthouse at Cabo Roche which is between Roche Urbanisation and Conil, not far from Conil fishing harbour, you could explore from there. You can certainly walk right along the coast and from the lighthouse towards Roche is rather nice open cliff walks with a few coves.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nige
Good map ? Not sure as there have been so many new roads in the area. If you can find the directions to the lighthouse at Cabo Roche which is between Roche Urbanisation and Conil, not far from Conil fishing harbour, you could explore from there. You can certainly walk right along the coast and from the lighthouse towards Roche is rather nice open cliff walks with a few coves.
Will try, didn't even know there was a fishing harbour at Conil - I must get out a bit more. Have just bought a Westie puppy so am looking forward to lots of walks when he gets a bit older.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Costa De Luz

Originally Posted by glynis
Will try, didn't even know there was a fishing harbour at Conil - I must get out a bit more. Have just bought a Westie puppy so am looking forward to lots of walks when he gets a bit older.
Sorry, I know this is an old threat but I'm a new member....

The coast road from the lighthouse at Cabo Roche to Conil is really pretty and definitely worth a walk, cycle or even drive! And you will no doubt enjoy walking your puppy along there. When we were exploring the area last year we stumbled upon the road when driving from Roche Viejo (just outside Conil) towards Roche. It was really pretty and unspoiled and there are little gaps along the way which give access to numerous little coves where those in the know can sunbathe with protection from those very strong breezes. I seem to remember there's a very small marina there as well, just along from the lighthouse towards Conil.

I can't wait to get to the area again - we just bought at Novo Sancti Petri and are coming out at end of January and a walk along that road will blow away a few cobwebs and is good for the soul.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Cindy,

It was good to hear from you. This sounds exactly what I am looking for. Have found Roche and a lovely little bar there looking over the beach but not Cabo Roche or the lighthouse, really could do with a good ordance survey map. Have you bought an apartment for holiday use? How did you find this area?

Originally Posted by cindyp
Sorry, I know this is an old threat but I'm a new member....

The coast road from the lighthouse at Cabo Roche to Conil is really pretty and definitely worth a walk, cycle or even drive! And you will no doubt enjoy walking your puppy along there. When we were exploring the area last year we stumbled upon the road when driving from Roche Viejo (just outside Conil) towards Roche. It was really pretty and unspoiled and there are little gaps along the way which give access to numerous little coves where those in the know can sunbathe with protection from those very strong breezes. I seem to remember there's a very small marina there as well, just along from the lighthouse towards Conil.

I can't wait to get to the area again - we just bought at Novo Sancti Petri and are coming out at end of January and a walk along that road will blow away a few cobwebs and is good for the soul.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:59 pm
Paul&Nicki

Arrow Re: Costa De Luz

Glynis,
from the centre of the Roche urbanisation (communal swimming pool) head towards Conil, keeping the coast on your right. You'll eventually leave Roche and head out into woodland type area.
You're now on the coastal road which runs along the top the the cliffs. Keep going and you arrive at the lighthouse. You'll find lots of parking on the coastal road. People park their cars and explore the coves below, via steps I might add.

There is also a road from the lighthouse which leads to Conil, via Conil's port below the lighthouse.

Paul and Nicki.