Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Cost Of Living In Spain

The Cost Of Living In Spain

Old Nov 21st 2013, 1:32 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cost Of Living In Spain

Originally Posted by Alcalaina
Advertised price, what a joke! I only know one bar that has the price list on display. Is it a legal requirement?
I also only know one bar that has a price list on display - well, lets amend that to a price list on display that can be read. I have seen several in the distance half hidden by other things or round the corner or at the furthest point from the customers, where reading would require the use of a sniper scope.

I thought it was a legal requirement - but is that Spanish law or EU law ??
Old Nov 21st 2013, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cost Of Living In Spain

Originally Posted by Domino
That is a shame Lynn. Although an ardent meat eater there are the times when I fancy a meat free meal and do look at the vegetarian options on menu's in case there is something that catches the eye.
It is, it really limits the places we can go to eat out in Spain. Very often there are good vegetarian options for the starters (as there were in that restaurant in Sevilla), but nothing at all for the main course. If you ask, you are likely to be offered an omelette or a salad, nothing more exciting. Considering that the ingredients for a good vegetarian dish must cost quite a bit less than for a meat or fish option, and they would still charge the same amount for a fixed price menu, there would be more profit in it for them if they offered a vegetarian choice, I would have thought, so they are missing a trick IMO.