Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

chiclana - electricity meters

chiclana - electricity meters

Old Apr 8th 2005, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: chiclana - electricity meters

I guess you're right Mitzipurr, but there seems to be a difference between an illegal build (ie no planning permission) and an illegal zone (an agricultural area) it would appear from what the Town Hall are saying that the former can be rectified but the latter will have more problems.

Fortunately for us, our Agent did make us aware of this problem!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dazzle
I guess you're right Mitzipurr, but there seems to be a difference between an illegal build (ie no planning permission) and an illegal zone (an agricultural area) it would appear from what the Town Hall are saying that the former can be rectified but the latter will have more problems.

Fortunately for us, our Agent did make us aware of this problem!
Of course there is a difference between illegal builds and illegal zones but in reality the margin could prove quite small. If you read the article posted with a url by beachcomber which leads to today's SUR in English it would appear that the Town Hall and their power is to be overridden by the Junta of Andalucia. Perhaps there will be even a knock on effect to the Estate Agents who will be struggling to find anything to sell - as we have been informed that any property transactions will be stopped at the Notaries office if they are at all dodgy in any way??

Old Apr 8th 2005, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

[QUOTE=mitzipurr]- as we have been informed that any property transactions will be stopped at the Notaries office if they are at all dodgy in any way??QUOTE]

Now that would be a first!!!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=dazzle]
Originally Posted by mitzipurr
- as we have been informed that any property transactions will be stopped at the Notaries office if they are at all dodgy in any way??QUOTE]

Now that would be a first!!!

I gues the answer to yours is watch this forum
Old Apr 13th 2005, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have heard that there is yet another meeting regarding this scheduled for tommorrow. Does anyone have any info.
Old May 7th 2005, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

I thought I would bring this back up to the top of the forum, as everything seems to have gone quiet - Does that mean it's all sorted out now?
Old May 7th 2005, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

I thought I would bring this back up to the top of the forum, as everything seems to have gone quiet - Does that mean it's all sorted out now?
In a word NO - read post Chiclana Latest Scam!!! :scared:
Old May 7th 2005, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes sorry, I've seen that mitzipurr, don't know what I was thinking of. Any ideas why it's gone so quiet or what the latest is?

Are they still disconnecting people? Any info on this 2600 euros or how to apply?

Thanks
Old May 7th 2005, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes sorry, I've seen that mitzipurr, don't know what I was thinking of. Any ideas why it's gone so quiet or what the latest is?

Are they still disconnecting people? Any info on this 2600 euros or how to apply?

Thanks

Hi Dazzle
Has far as I know yes they are still disconnecting and now fining people for connecting directly.

A urban plan has been submitted by Chiclana council for approval to the big boss the Aunta de Andalucia. Until this has been approved nothing can be sorted out with Endasa/Sevellina and the supply of electric with a lot of properties in Chiclana. I have heard that approval will not be reached before the end of the summer and even then the Aunta may not approve the councils plan.

A similair situation has been going on in Marbella for years between the council and the Aunta de Andalucia without any agreement being made. So lets hope that that does not happen here.

I am sorry I have not heard of anyone paying the 2600 euros and getting connected legally with a contract :scared: . Perhaps somebody reading this has and can clarify this for you.
Old May 8th 2005, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Our builder has got some forms for us to complete to take to the Town Hall on Wednesday when this is done we will then go with his to Sevillana and hopefully, possibly, fingers and legs crossed, get a meter. I have been informed that the disconnections have now stopped. My gut feeling is that when we turn up we will get a meter as we are in a yellow zone but they will want this 2600 euros. If so we will have to find it.
Old May 8th 2005, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glynis
Our builder has got some forms for us to complete to take to the Town Hall on Wednesday when this is done we will then go with his to Sevillana and hopefully, possibly, fingers and legs crossed, get a meter. I have been informed that the disconnections have now stopped. My gut feeling is that when we turn up we will get a meter as we are in a yellow zone but they will want this 2600 euros. If so we will have to find it.

Thats wonderfull Glynis but why should you have to pay anything other than what it would cost normally to get a electric supply. Correct me if I am wrong but is it not the builders responsibility in the first place to ensure a electric meter is installed not yours.
Old May 8th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

That sounds promising Glynis, Can you post here to let us know how you got on?

As I understand it the 2600 is a down payment on the cost of urbanisation but to be honest at this moment in time people just want this mess sorted and rightly or wrongly if that's the price they'll find it!
Old May 8th 2005, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

That sounds promising Glynis, Can you post here to let us know how you got on?

As I understand it the 2600 is a down payment on the cost of urbanisation but to be honest at this moment in time people just want this mess sorted and rightly or wrongly if that's the price they'll find it!

Re urbanasation somebody I know who is going to be urbanized shortly has had the projected figure of 30000 euros quoted. They must be having a laugh surely. If this is the amount people are expected to pay then I suggest that Chiclana town hall has a pirate flag installed outside. Has anybody any more info on this
Old May 8th 2005, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

svenskidoo is an unknown quantity at this point

This figure isn't unheard of , I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by mitzipurr
Re urbanasation somebody I know who is going to be urbanized shortly has had the projected figure of 30000 euros quoted. They must be having a laugh surely. If this is the amount people are expected to pay then I suggest that Chiclana town hall has a pirate flag installed outside. Has anybody any more info on this
Old May 8th 2005, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

The rumour I'd heard was 12 euros per sq m. so a large plot could work out very expensive!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.