Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

chiclana - electricity meters

chiclana - electricity meters

Old Mar 19th 2005, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Angry chiclana - electricity meters

Has anyone heard what the latest is in the battle with Sevillana and the Town Hall re electricity meters? Understand there has been a recent court case. Have been cut off five times recently due to above and the difficulty of getting a meter installed. Presently attached to a neighbour's supply which is not really acceptable to either of us.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:28 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chiclana - electricity meters

Originally Posted by glynis
Has anyone heard what the latest is in the battle with Sevillana and the Town Hall re electricity meters? Understand there has been a recent court case. Have been cut off five times recently due to above and the difficulty of getting a meter installed. Presently attached to a neighbour's supply which is not really acceptable to either of us.
http://www.euroweeklynews.com/

Read water disaster clip.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

There's more on this subject in todays online edition of Diario De Cadiz

www.diariodecadiz.com

and then go to the Chiclana page.

Someone with better spanish than mine might be able to translate it.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

svenskidoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Not going to translate it word for word or else an expert will wade in and pick me up on everything

Essentially a proposal to allow access to the electricity network, for what they are calling illegal properties, has been approved.

It is a temporary measure , designed to stay in place until proper infrastructure can be installed at the urbanizacion.

Cost per owner will be 2,652 euros.

Connections will only be allowed to existing lines / supplies at the edge of a property meaning that if you have a property that isn't near an electricity line or cable, they won't be coming to bring the line to your house.

The cost of 2,652 euros will be considered an advance payment toward the eventual urbanisation costs in the area - roads, services etc.

Originally Posted by dazzle
There's more on this subject in todays online edition of Diario De Cadiz

www.diariodecadiz.com

and then go to the Chiclana page.

Someone with better spanish than mine might be able to translate it.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replies re electricity meters in Chiclana. Will read and digest and hopefully get our builder to sort it out. We have been assured by our Solicitor that we are not an illegal build. By the way who gets the 2,600 euros - the town hall or Sevillana???
Old Apr 1st 2005, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

You'd need to contact the oficina municipal de urbanismo to find out. I'm guessing ,as they have set the charges, you'd pay them.

Be warned though, this 2,600 euros could pale in comparision to the charges that will follow when the council complete their proposals and carry out the urbanizacion works.

Might be worth talking to the town hall and finding out exactly what they are considering and get an idea, if possible, of what the final bill per property could be.

Good luck.

Thanks for replies re electricity meters in Chiclana. Will read and digest and hopefully get our builder to sort it out. We have been assured by our Solicitor that we are not an illegal build. By the way who gets the 2,600 euros - the town hall or Sevillana???
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:23 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by svenskidoo
You'd need to contact the oficina municipal de urbanismo to find out. I'm guessing ,as they have set the charges, you'd pay them.

Be warned though, this 2,600 euros could pale in comparision to the charges that will follow when the council complete their proposals and carry out the urbanizacion works.

Might be worth talking to the town hall and finding out exactly what they are considering and get an idea, if possible, of what the final bill per property could be.

Good luck.
Ouch...... but surely these charges should have been included in the builders costs if you are on a legal build, another job for the lawyers. Good luck.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by svenskidoo

Good luck.
I've heard that the urbanisation cost in Chiclana will be in the region of 12 euros per square metre, ie 6,000 euros if you have a 500m plot.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

A lot of it depends on area, number of properties, distance from services, and ultimately who runs the council and also has a friend in the tarmac business ?!

I saw a case where one Spanish seller had to sell because the council were "urbanising" his road, and it was going to cost him tens of thousands.

I'm not sure if he managed to sell in the end, but the price he was asking reflected the costs that would follow.

I know 6000 euros is not pocket change but if it does turn out to be around that figure in Chiclana then it will put peoples minds at rest.

I've heard that the urbanisation cost in Chiclana will be in the region of 12 euros per square metre, ie 6,000 euros if you have a 500m plot.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Does anyone have any up to date news on this saga?
Old Apr 8th 2005, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Exclamation Re: chiclana - electricity meters

Does anyone have any up to date news on this saga?
I went to a meeting on Wednesday at the local English "pub". Very disjointed, meeting was organised by an Austrian gent who just gave the same information as previously discussed, i.e. 2650 euros etc. He wanted everybody to fill in a form and give him 6 euros a month and he would initially consult a lawyer on everybody's behalf.

I was talking to another woman who was in the same boat and she said that if you are in a yellow zone you should be okay but if you are designated in a white or rustic zone you stood no chance of getting it sorted. She seemed to think that my area Pago del Humo had become a yellow area in January, so I went down to the Town Hall to try and find the correct info. I was told to pay 6.80 euros and fill in a form with my address and take it to one of the windows, although I don't have an official road I put the nearest one down and then was told I was in the wrong place. I did however get my money back, so I will have to pay another visit!!!

The weird thing is that I was talking to a woman who was just moving into a house fairly near and asked her what she had been told about her meter (space for one but no meter) she has been told by her agent that she will have one in two weeks and that he was arranging it with someone in Conil!!!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

This article may be of some interest:

http://www.surinenglish.com/noticias.php?Noticia=6056

I'm not sure how many properties there are in Chiclana but 8.000 illegal ones must represent a fairly high percentage.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
This article may be of some interest:

http://www.surinenglish.com/noticias.php?Noticia=6056

I'm not sure how many properties there are in Chiclana but 8.000 illegal ones must represent a fairly high percentage.

8000 illegal houses in Chiclana. Wow that is frightening this surely represents the majority of houses in the area. :scared:
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

The weird thing is that I was talking to a woman who was just moving into a house fairly near and asked her what she had been told about her meter (space for one but no meter) she has been told by her agent that she will have one in two weeks and that he was arranging it with someone in Conil!!!
Do you the think the Agent could be telling porkies???
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold

Do you the think the Agent could be telling porkies???

I have no idea but there does seem to be a lot of problems with houses in this area that are only now coming to the surface. . I was told by one esate agent recently that for over 10 years all planning rules and regulations have been flouted in this area and builders and developers have just done what they want. I guess that anybody having a legal house in Chiclana is sitting on a small fortune!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.