Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Change of name on nie

Change of name on nie

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Wildwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of name on nie

Hi has anyone else managed to change their name on their nie. Or is it easier to just get a new one? Thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of name on nie

Hi,I don't think it is your choice. If its due to marriage for instance, you keep the original NIE number and are given a new form. (After giving all the paperwork etc.over in triplicate) We had to have a translation of our Marriage Cert, but check locally as regards your own circs.
Old Aug 25th 2017, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

discoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change of name on nie

Some time ago now, but IIRC when my wife had to change hers following our marriage, you have to go to the nearest National Police Office with all the paperwork that you can possibly imagine and some that you can't AND new marriage certificate (in her case) and they will update the existing records/number and issue a new certificate. Small fee payable of course. NIE number stays the same