Catalonia

Old May 25th 2017, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

Kentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Catalonia

I was reading that Catalonia may/will declare independence from Spain and that this will be done without the benefit of a referendum in September. I am curious. Is this a possibility or a slow news day?
Should this occur what effect would this have outside Catalonia? Or for that matter, non Spanish living in the region?
Old May 25th 2017, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Catalonia

Originally Posted by Kentishladd
I was reading that Catalonia may/will declare independence from Spain and that this will be done without the benefit of a referendum in September. I am curious. Is this a possibility or a slow news day?
Should this occur what effect would this have outside Catalonia? Or for that matter, non Spanish living in the region?
Nothing new there and it's been like this for ages that people want independence. I suppose the whole Brexit thing added to this and a few more papers published articles.

I wouldn't worry too much and nobody can say what would happen if it happened. Non Spanish will continue to live and work in the area.
Old May 25th 2017, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Catalonia

Originally Posted by Kentishladd
The Madrid Government will attempt to ignore it, they say there is no possibility in the post-Franco constitution for a referendum on independence and that any vote by Catalonia is irrelevant. How the Catalans will react is a bit unknown but if you take the example of the Basque country who have been fighting for independence for decades with no satisfaction (although they have got a lot more autonomy)