Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car Boot sales?

Car Boot sales?

Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future
Default Car Boot sales?

Hi-
does anyone know if ther is any laws regarding car boot sales on
private land?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:36 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Boot sales?

Hi

Yes I know that down our way (Cádiz) they closed one down as a licence had not been issued. I think it runs once a month now, but locals and local shopkeepers originally complained

Davexf
Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:39 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

My wife helps at a local one for the church and she tells me she thinks some sort of licence is required to prove you have running water in case of fire. Sorry little info will update if the priest has further info.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Dave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant futureDave n Dee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

Yes I know that down our way (Cádiz) they closed one down as a licence had not been issued. I think it runs once a month now, but locals and local shopkeepers originally complained

Davexf
so you would need a licence if you run one, say once a month??
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:27 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I believe so

Davexf
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info-
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

think you would need to check with the local town hall....not sure if it is the same in all areas but with the one in Pedreguer I think that was threatened with closure because there were too many people selling new goods...saying that the one at El Vergel seemed to be exactly the same people selling new stuff but perhaps different town hall, different rules....such is Spain !!!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

Davexf
hi-
where is the car boot in Cadiz area??
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

I think it is in some area called La Borrosa/La Borrasa or something like that.

Attached to Chiclana.

I've never been, but I am thinking of taking a trip down there for the next one to do a bit of a reccie, and then maybe try and make wads of cash at the next one.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:20 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Dee
hi-
where is the car boot in Cadiz area??
It´s in Chiclana. You head towards the beach (La Barrosa Playa) and on your left you will see the Hotel Marisma which is next to a venta called Alegria. You turn left after the venta and you will see Restaurante Popeye on your right as you turn into the road. Follow the road down to the end and you will come to the car boot. It´s held on the last Sunday of the month, weather permitting.

There is, apparently, one every Sunday near Arcos de la Frontera, but I don´t know where.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:30 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

The police like to know where the car boots are being held...........Then swoop on all those UK plated cars that have been here for years.....Hee Hee CRUNCH CRUNCH.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 2:38 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Ayamonte (Huelva) will have a fleamarket/car boot sale every 3rd Saturday of the month. It´s to be held at the Plaza de España, next to the zoo. Coming Saturday will be the first one.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
Ayamonte (Huelva) will have a fleamarket/car boot sale every 3rd Saturday of the month. It´s to be held at the Plaza de España, next to the zoo. Coming Saturday will be the first one.
Jur, do you know when roughly? Morning or afternoon?
Old Mar 17th 2009, 2:17 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Jur, do you know when roughly? Morning or afternoon?
In the morning, are you going ?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
In the morning, are you going ?
Unfortunately not, I have to work. Shame, I would have liked to check it out. Hopefully, someone will post back next week with news of the event.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.