Reload this Page >

Canceling Movistar[Telefonica]broadband + line rental

Canceling Movistar[Telefonica]broadband + line rental

Old Feb 23rd 2017, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Hades is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canceling Movistar[Telefonica]broadband + line rental

Hello
I did a google search to find out how to do the above and found many answers on the net which seemed to contradict each other and many were very old [2006] so i am documenting my experience today-23/02/2017 so others can get an up to date take on this:
After 3 attempts of requesting an English customer service speaker by ringing 1004 from my landline and saying "English" in between the Spanish instructions,i was greeted by Carlos and we got down to business.I told him i wished to cancel BOTH my broadband internet connection AND my line rental,he then asked for my landline number and my passport number [ i do not have a N.I.E ].He then told me that he was typing a contract and would ask me to verbally insert my details [ line number + passport number ] and cancellation requests when he requested during the read back [ so this is obviously recorded ].At the end of this he again told me my cancellation number slowly and clearly and asked me to make a note of it as i would need to produce this when returning my router+telephone cable+filters to my chosen Movistar shop,he also informed me that as i had requested cancellation today on 23rd February 2017 i had 15 days before the service would cease on 10th March 2017,and that i had 15 days from 10th March to return router and associated items to the shop,so 30 days in all to return goods.I also asked how i would be able to pay the last bill due on 7th April from within the UK as my Spanish bank account would be closed,he explained that after the bill is sent to the address on their records it would become an outstanding bill after non payment,this then triggers an option of "outstanding bill" in "Mi Movistar" home page [on the left hand menu ] which i can click on and be presented with payment options,one of which will be Visa debit/credit card which i will then pay from UK.
All painlessly done and dusted in less than 10 minutes and hopefully everything will be acted upon as promised,but if anything occurs to the contrary i will return to edit and update this post.Fingers crossed!

Kind regards
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canceling Movistar[Telefonica]broadband + line rental

Originally Posted by Hades
Hello
I did a google search to find out how to do the above and found many answers on the net which seemed to contradict each other and many were very old [2006] so i am documenting my experience today-23/02/2017 so others can get an up to date take on this:
After 3 attempts of requesting an English customer service speaker by ringing 1004 from my landline and saying "English" in between the Spanish instructions,i was greeted by Carlos and we got down to business.I told him i wished to cancel BOTH my broadband internet connection AND my line rental,he then asked for my landline number and my passport number [ i do not have a N.I.E ].He then told me that he was typing a contract and would ask me to verbally insert my details [ line number + passport number ] and cancellation requests when he requested during the read back [ so this is obviously recorded ].At the end of this he again told me my cancellation number slowly and clearly and asked me to make a note of it as i would need to produce this when returning my router+telephone cable+filters to my chosen Movistar shop,he also informed me that as i had requested cancellation today on 23rd February 2017 i had 15 days before the service would cease on 10th March 2017,and that i had 15 days from 10th March to return router and associated items to the shop,so 30 days in all to return goods.I also asked how i would be able to pay the last bill due on 7th April from within the UK as my Spanish bank account would be closed,he explained that after the bill is sent to the address on their records it would become an outstanding bill after non payment,this then triggers an option of "outstanding bill" in "Mi Movistar" home page [on the left hand menu ] which i can click on and be presented with payment options,one of which will be Visa debit/credit card which i will then pay from UK.
All painlessly done and dusted in less than 10 minutes and hopefully everything will be acted upon as promised,but if anything occurs to the contrary i will return to edit and update this post.Fingers crossed!

Kind regards
Thanks very much for that information. It might be useful at some point in the future

Steve
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 4:52 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar experience recently when I cancelled my Movistar Fusion contract to move to another supplier. It covered by landline and mobile. The two telephone numbers were transferred within 48 hours and I was kept informed of the progress by SMS from Movistar.

Overall a painless experience. Some what better than a few years ago when about the only was to do it was to send a registered letter, written in blood, the their Chief Executive in Madrid and wait a few months before anything happened!,
Old Feb 24th 2017, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

The benefits of a competitive market!
Old May 31st 2017, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Hades is an unknown quantity at this point

As promised i have an update to this topic:Everything went to plan in Spain but the problem seems to be that i am now unable to pay the outstanding bill from the UK,i have tried all of my UK debit and credit cards (visa and maestro),but the website,it seems,will not accept anything to do with UK.
Luckily it is only just over €6 outstanding,so hopefully Movistar will not be sending debt recovery agents to my door,i have searched high and low for a email address in order to request some type of payment option as i do not relish trying to ring their customer services from Uk!!
Oh well,almost went to plan.
Regards