Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Can I hire someone?

Can I hire someone?

Old Oct 12th 2017, 9:45 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I hire someone?

Originally Posted by jeffrob
Thank you all for the advice. We would have moved to Spain and be renting prior to buying. It is then that we would be looking for help with paperwork and officialdom etc.
I just want to get it right and start enjoying our new lives.
You will need NIE and bank account to rent. A good Estate Agent will be able to arrange for you.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 2:57 am
Just Joined

thelivinglegend is an unknown quantity at this point

Hombre, just use a lawyer. That will make things go smoothly for you, and save you from many problems....
Old Oct 13th 2017, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thelivinglegend
Hombre, just use a lawyer. That will make things go smoothly for you, and save you from many problems....
Unnecessarily expensive.
Old Oct 13th 2017, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
My suggestion was not for house purchase as the op had already mentioned that they intended using a solicitor for that. Yes the scolicitor could do all of these things but a gestor can do the more simple things like nie and residency etc . As always there are different ways I merely offered a suggestion to the question asked.
Sure but that was my point. If buying anyway, you might as well use all services through the solicitor and it could reduce time and cost. As johnnyone mentioned, you can give power of attorney and don't even have to be there to sign. And since anyone can call themselves a gestor, I would also be cautious. Years ago when lawyers where out of reach, people would go to a gestor but these days it's not always cheaper.