Reload this Page >

Can anyone please confirm????

Can anyone please confirm????

Old Jul 14th 2016, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

monjue is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can anyone please confirm????

Hi All,

Im British and living in Spain, and I have my residencia.
However my wife is Australian and we are currently going through the process for her to get her residence too, however it has not yet been lodged as we are waiting for documents etc. The thing is we are running out of time for her as things are taking a while to come through and she's only allowed to stay for 90 days????

Usually when arriving in Spain from another country outside of the EU (such as Australia) you are only allowed to remain in Spain for 90 days from my understanding?

My question is this, As we are married, is my wife allowed to remain in spain longer than 90 days without her residencia?

Any info would be great! I can try to explain better if need be!

THANK YOU!!!!!!
Old Jul 14th 2016, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

tim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Can anyone please confirm????

When you say you are going through the process of getting her residency what does that mean. Have you filed the initial paperwork? Has she had her interview? Once the paperwork is filed she needs to stay in Spain till she gets the residencia.
Originally Posted by monjue
Hi All,

Im British and living in Spain, and I have my residencia.
However my wife is Australian and we are currently going through the process for her to get her residence too, however it has not yet been lodged as we are waiting for documents etc. The thing is we are running out of time for her as things are taking a while to come through and she's only allowed to stay for 90 days????

Usually when arriving in Spain from another country outside of the EU (such as Australia) you are only allowed to remain in Spain for 90 days from my understanding?

My question is this, As we are married, is my wife allowed to remain in spain longer than 90 days without her residencia?

Any info would be great! I can try to explain better if need be!

THANK YOU!!!!!!
Old Jul 14th 2016, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tim1963
When you say you are going through the process of getting her residency what does that mean. Have you filed the initial paperwork? Has she had her interview? Once the paperwork is filed she needs to stay in Spain till she gets the residencia.
Thanks for the reply.. We haven't filed her paperwork yet as we are struggling with her empardron... see our rental agreement states 'temporada' and not 'habitual/permanent' we are trying to get this changed now! thing is we are running out of days if we only have 90.. were currently on 75. This is why I'm asking if 90 days is correct without lodged paperwork!

thanks again.
Old Jul 14th 2016, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

tim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant futuretim1963 has a brilliant future

I wouldn't worry about the 90 days, my wife was long past that when we finally submitted her paperwork.

Originally Posted by monjue
Thanks for the reply.. We haven't filed her paperwork yet as we are struggling with her empardron... see our rental agreement states 'temporada' and not 'habitual/permanent' we are trying to get this changed now! thing is we are running out of days if we only have 90.. were currently on 75. This is why I'm asking if 90 days is correct without lodged paperwork!

thanks again.
Old Jul 14th 2016, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tim1963
I wouldn't worry about the 90 days, my wife was long past that when we finally submitted her paperwork.
Ok, sure thing... it comes with some hope that you say this, however we don't want to blow any chance of this by breaking the rules. Ill send a email to the embassy and see if i can get a response!

Thanks for looking at my question!