Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Buying a second hand car and getting it registered

Buying a second hand car and getting it registered

Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Buying a second hand car and getting it registered

I want to buy a cheapy second hand car and go through the registration process.

Can anyone advise me of the steps I need to take?

Thanks

PD I looked at Free Beer first, couldn't see anything.

PPD Please don't give me any answers that contain the word "gestor"....I've said it before on this forum, I'm a DIY kind of girl!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:36 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a second hand car and getting it registered

Hi

I have sent you an email - there are articles on the "mycadiz.biz" forum and also the Cifra web site

Dave (in Chiclana)
Old Mar 27th 2009, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

I have sent you an email - there are articles on the "mycadiz.biz" forum and also the Cifra web site

Dave (in Chiclana)

Thanks Dxf, but for some reason your email doesn't seem to have arrived. Perhaps you could PM it to me instead?

Thanks
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:10 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You're right - it got bounced by wannado

So I have pm'd you

Dave
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerezgirl
I want to buy a cheapy second hand car and go through the registration process.

Can anyone advise me of the steps I need to take?

Thanks

PD I looked at Free Beer first, couldn't see anything.

PPD Please don't give me any answers that contain the word "gestor"....I've said it before on this forum, I'm a DIY kind of girl!
are you buying from a dealer ? if so they often incl the cost of the name change etc with the price of the car so let tehm have the hassle

if you are buying private then its a case of form filling, plus a trip or 2 to traffico, get proof of payment for car tax so you know its up to date then you have to get a contract drawn up....think you can get standard ones from the tabaco shops

then its a trip to the town hall so you can advise them you are the new owner

nothing at all like signing a form and popping it off to DVLA !!!!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spain
are you buying from a dealer ? if so they often incl the cost of the name change etc with the price of the car so let tehm have the hassle

if you are buying private then its a case of form filling, plus a trip or 2 to traffico, get proof of payment for car tax so you know its up to date then you have to get a contract drawn up....think you can get standard ones from the tabaco shops

then its a trip to the town hall so you can advise them you are the new owner

nothing at all like signing a form and popping it off to DVLA !!!!
I dont know if I will buy from a dealer or not, but probably not.
Yeah, I know it was way more complicated in the Uk, but if I dont do it then I will never learn.
Any idea what that form is called that you refer to?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 8:35 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Like you, I'm a DIY kinda girl but with vehicle transfers it is far simpler and safer to delegate to a (word that must not be mentioned!)...only costs about 40€ or so and I (and I'm sure you) have better and more enjoyable things to do with my (your) time! If you live close to your Trafico office it may be doable tho...mine is over an hour away...good luck!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I know it was way more complicated in the Uk, but if I dont do it then I will never learn.
think this is one of them

http://www.dgt.es/was6/portal/conten...Castellano.pdf
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

and you will find more info here

http://www.dgt.es/portal/es/oficina_virtual/vehiculos/
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
Like you, I'm a DIY kinda girl but with vehicle transfers it is far simpler and safer to delegate to a (word that must not be mentioned!)...only costs about 40€ or so and I (and I'm sure you) have better and more enjoyable things to do with my (your) time! If you live close to your Trafico office it may be doable tho...mine is over an hour away...good luck!
Haha, yes I know it would be simpler via a G word, but I want to learn (and save myself 40 bucks in the process).
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spain
Cool, thanks. That's nice and clear now.