Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

British Preschool in or near Chiclana? (Cadiz province)

British Preschool in or near Chiclana? (Cadiz province)

Old Dec 26th 2017, 11:21 am
Just Joined

LynneNM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Preschool in or near Chiclana? (Cadiz province)

Hello! I'm new here, so hope I'm posting in the right section!
We are moving from Bournemouth, UK to Spain on 2nd January with two young boys (one is 4 in March, the other is 2). Does anybody know of any British preschools, playschools or groups that we could join? We will be living in Roche, which is fairly close to Chiclana. Don't mind driving a bit for the right place
Thank you!
Old Dec 26th 2017, 6:57 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Preschool in or near Chiclana? (Cadiz province)

Hola

Yes there is a mother & toddlers club - but I have no other details. Ask around or on the local forum. There is a Baywatch magazine free in several places that may help; also a Foreign Residents Association

Davexf
Old Dec 26th 2017, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola

Yes there is a mother & toddlers club - but I have no other details. Ask around or on the local forum. There is a Baywatch magazine free in several places that may help; also a Foreign Residents Association

Davexf
Thanks! Do you know of any local forums I could join?
Old Dec 27th 2017, 6:15 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LynneNM
Thanks! Do you know of any local forums I could join?
Hola
In the "Schools in Chiclana" thread there is a link

Originally Posted by jjh
You should put this on our local Chiclana Board. There are lots of families with children who could, perhaps, help you.

Home | My Cadiz
Davexf
Old Dec 27th 2017, 7:06 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

We are moving from Bournemouth, UK to Spain on 2nd January with two young boys (one is 4 in March, the other is 2). Does anybody know of any British preschools, playschools or groups that we could join? We will be living in Roche, which is fairly close to Chiclana. Don't mind driving a bit for the right place
Thank you!
Hi, butting in from the France forum, but it's a universal issue.
If you're intending to move to Spain forever more, why not send your sons to the local Spanish school? They'll integrate quickly, be fluent (at children's level) in no time and will go up to primary school like little Spaniards, and be bilingual. They'll make friends locally, and this will help you the parents to integrate. This obviously wouldn't stop you joining English-speaking groups!
On the other hand, if you don't intend to stay for long, then it's best for them to start British-style schooling for when you return to the UK.
All the Best in your new venture!
Old Dec 27th 2017, 9:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, butting in from the France forum, but it's a universal issue.
If you're intending to move to Spain forever more, why not send your sons to the local Spanish school? They'll integrate quickly, be fluent (at children's level) in no time and will go up to primary school like little Spaniards, and be bilingual. They'll make friends locally, and this will help you the parents to integrate. This obviously wouldn't stop you joining English-speaking groups!
On the other hand, if you don't intend to stay for long, then it's best for them to start British-style schooling for when you return to the UK.
All the Best in your new venture!
Hello! Butt-in is welcome
We’re not sure at this stage how involved we’re going to get in Spain... I’m due our 3rd child in June, so we will go back to the UK for this and probably return in the winter. Our ultimate goal is to have both a UK life & a spanish one, but we’re a little way off this yet!
Old Dec 27th 2017, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hola
In the "Schools in Chiclana" thread there is a link

Davexf
Have asked to join this one, awaiting approval! Thanks
Old Dec 27th 2017, 9:46 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hello! Butt-in is welcome
We’re not sure at this stage how involved we’re going to get in Spain... I’m due our 3rd child in June, so we will go back to the UK for this and probably return in the winter. Our ultimate goal is to have both a UK life & a spanish one, but we’re a little way off this yet!
Fair enough! you can decide later, as far as the children are concerned!
But research your tax-residence/healthcare coverage status, if you go back and forth!
Old Sep 9th 2018, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Ellena08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you!

Hi
We are moving to chiclana on 22nd September 2018 and have a 3 year old daughter and a 22 mo son. Did you have any luck finding any groups preschools etc? Any help would be much appreciated. Hope you've settled in well 😀
Old Sep 9th 2018, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

caroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant future

Hi, there is a Facebook group called Whats on & Things for sale in Chiclana. Lots of local residents go on there so someone should be able to help.

You could also try looking on this website Blossom Ludoteca - International Playschool ~ The most natural way to learn English They are in Chiclana. They also have a Facebook page.

Personally, I would recommend sending your children to Spanish schools. Also, all my grandchildren were born in Spanish hospitals, excellent care.

Good luck

Last edited by caroline c; Sep 9th 2018 at 3:53 pm.