British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   British Preschool in or near Chiclana? (Cadiz province) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/british-preschool-near-chiclana-cadiz-province-907204/)

LynneNM Dec 26th 2017 11:21 am

British Preschool in or near Chiclana? (Cadiz province)

Hello! I'm new here, so hope I'm posting in the right section!
We are moving from Bournemouth, UK to Spain on 2nd January with two young boys (one is 4 in March, the other is 2). Does anybody know of any British preschools, playschools or groups that we could join? We will be living in Roche, which is fairly close to Chiclana. Don't mind driving a bit for the right place :)
Thank you!

Dxf Dec 26th 2017 6:57 pm

Re: British Preschool in or near Chiclana? (Cadiz province)

Hola

Yes there is a mother & toddlers club - but I have no other details. Ask around or on the local forum. There is a Baywatch magazine free in several places that may help; also a Foreign Residents Association

Davexf

LynneNM Dec 26th 2017 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dxf (Post 12405401)
Hola

Yes there is a mother & toddlers club - but I have no other details. Ask around or on the local forum. There is a Baywatch magazine free in several places that may help; also a Foreign Residents Association

Davexf

Thanks! Do you know of any local forums I could join?

Dxf Dec 27th 2017 6:15 am

Originally Posted by LynneNM (Post 12405403)
Thanks! Do you know of any local forums I could join?

Hola
In the "Schools in Chiclana" thread there is a link

Originally Posted by jjh (Post 12387966)
You should put this on our local Chiclana Board. There are lots of families with children who could, perhaps, help you.

Home | My Cadiz

Davexf

dmu Dec 27th 2017 7:06 am

Originally Posted by LynneNM (Post 12405302)
We are moving from Bournemouth, UK to Spain on 2nd January with two young boys (one is 4 in March, the other is 2). Does anybody know of any British preschools, playschools or groups that we could join? We will be living in Roche, which is fairly close to Chiclana. Don't mind driving a bit for the right place :)
Thank you!

Hi, butting in from the France forum, but it's a universal issue.
If you're intending to move to Spain forever more, why not send your sons to the local Spanish school? They'll integrate quickly, be fluent (at children's level) in no time and will go up to primary school like little Spaniards, and be bilingual. They'll make friends locally, and this will help you the parents to integrate. This obviously wouldn't stop you joining English-speaking groups!
On the other hand, if you don't intend to stay for long, then it's best for them to start British-style schooling for when you return to the UK.
All the Best in your new venture!:)

LynneNM Dec 27th 2017 9:14 am

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12405545)
Hi, butting in from the France forum, but it's a universal issue.
If you're intending to move to Spain forever more, why not send your sons to the local Spanish school? They'll integrate quickly, be fluent (at children's level) in no time and will go up to primary school like little Spaniards, and be bilingual. They'll make friends locally, and this will help you the parents to integrate. This obviously wouldn't stop you joining English-speaking groups!
On the other hand, if you don't intend to stay for long, then it's best for them to start British-style schooling for when you return to the UK.
All the Best in your new venture!:)

Hello! Butt-in is welcome ;)
We’re not sure at this stage how involved we’re going to get in Spain... I’m due our 3rd child in June, so we will go back to the UK for this and probably return in the winter. Our ultimate goal is to have both a UK life & a spanish one, but we’re a little way off this yet!

LynneNM Dec 27th 2017 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Dxf (Post 12405537)
Hola
In the "Schools in Chiclana" thread there is a link

Davexf

Have asked to join this one, awaiting approval! Thanks :)

dmu Dec 27th 2017 9:46 am

Originally Posted by LynneNM (Post 12405562)
Hello! Butt-in is welcome ;)
We’re not sure at this stage how involved we’re going to get in Spain... I’m due our 3rd child in June, so we will go back to the UK for this and probably return in the winter. Our ultimate goal is to have both a UK life & a spanish one, but we’re a little way off this yet!

Fair enough! you can decide later, as far as the children are concerned!
But research your tax-residence/healthcare coverage status, if you go back and forth!:)

Ellena08 Sep 9th 2018 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by LynneNM (Post 12405302)
Thank you!

Hi
We are moving to chiclana on 22nd September 2018 and have a 3 year old daughter and a 22 mo son. Did you have any luck finding any groups preschools etc? Any help would be much appreciated. Hope you've settled in well 😀

caroline c Sep 9th 2018 3:49 pm

Hi, there is a Facebook group called Whats on & Things for sale in Chiclana. Lots of local residents go on there so someone should be able to help.

You could also try looking on this website Blossom Ludoteca - International Playschool ~ The most natural way to learn English They are in Chiclana. They also have a Facebook page.

Personally, I would recommend sending your children to Spanish schools. Also, all my grandchildren were born in Spanish hospitals, excellent care.

Good luck:teeth_smile: