Reload this Page >

Bringing a UK car into Spain

Bringing a UK car into Spain

Old Aug 18th 2017, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Dean and Sarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bringing a UK car into Spain

Hello all,

We are due to move over to Spain in the next couple of moths and we are going to bring our UK car over with us. We only have an initial 12 month rent on a property just to see how we get on to start. With that in mind we don't see the point in buying a Spanish registered car while we are there just yet. Does anybody have any experience with bringing a UK car over? Are we able to bring the UK car over and insure it with a Spanish insurer or do we need to get Spanish plates put on it?

Thanks in advance,

Dean
Old Aug 18th 2017, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing a UK car into Spain

If you are staying for a year, you will have to register yourselves after 90 days.As a resident,you will then have to Spanish register your car. Thats for starters I'm afaid. Have a search on the
forum , its been well covered before.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Lovely ok thank you. Still trying to get to grips with the forum. Ha
Old Aug 18th 2017, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dean and Sarah
Lovely ok thank you. Still trying to get to grips with the forum. Ha

Thanks, you can Insure a UK reg car in Spain, IBEX Insurance, Abbeygate Insurance to name just two. It will have to be legal for road use in the UK, i.e. Road Tax, MOT, when it is in Spain.UK registered cars in Spain for the long term are appearing less and less now, and the Guardia Civil Trafico are interested more and more!

Like I said, have a trawl around, you can't break anything..... and WELCOME by the way, I expect a formal 'Hello' will follow soon!
Old Aug 19th 2017, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Lovely. Thanks for your advice. "Hello" by the way 😂