brexit

Old Jan 20th 2018, 3:35 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brexit

Absolutely. The Spanish government has already made statements to that effect.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

There was a bilateral agreement between the Department of Stealth and Total Obscurity (aka DHSS) and Spain in place before Spain acceded to the EU so I guess that might be resurrected.

Last edited by MikeJ; Jan 20th 2018 at 8:03 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It is an EU wide form like the old E121 so I assume it applies in all EU countries.

The UK Government position is that it will continue to apply, so we can only assume that it applies to all EU countries as it does now - until 2019 that is!

The only bit that is unique to each country is the calculation of the payment by the UK to the local health service. That is calculated on the pre capita cost of the local health service.

After 2019 or Brexit if different, it would be up to the UK to negotiate a similar deal with each country unless they agree to be bound by existing EU arrangements.
Thank you Fred, bang on. Its the last part of your answer I was referring to,its up to the UK to negotiate unless theres agreement. My concern is that this stealthy lot in charge will dump any new agreement and blame Brexit, when as stated EU membership and Brexit have nothing to do with it.Call my cynical but......
Old Jan 21st 2018, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lurchio
Thank you Fred, bang on. Its the last part of your answer I was referring to,its up to the UK to negotiate unless theres agreement. My concern is that this stealthy lot in charge will dump any new agreement and blame Brexit, when as stated EU membership and Brexit have nothing to do with it.Call my cynical but......
I personally continue to think and hope positive. I have lined up all the boxes now and just hope it works to my favour. To have not done so would have left it all in the lap of the gods. You can only do the best you can because at least then you tried. Thats my theory
Old Jan 21st 2018, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I personally continue to think and hope positive. I have lined up all the boxes now and just hope it works to my favour. To have not done so would have left it all in the lap of the gods. You can only do the best you can because at least then you tried. Thats my theory
We have taken out our Irish citizenship insurance policy. We have been here more than 5yrs so also have, padron, residencia permanente and have our S1 registered at the local clinic. We are registered in the Spanish tax system. I don’t know what more I can do but if anyone knows of further steps to take please post.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
We have taken out our Irish citizenship insurance policy. We have been here more than 5yrs so also have, padron, residencia permanente and have our S1 registered at the local clinic. We are registered in the Spanish tax system. I don’t know what more I can do but if anyone knows of further steps to take please post.
No, I think you have it covered, honestly. Bob and I are the same, our S1's are due just AFTER the Brexit date, so we are hoping / planning for the best. You, on the other hand have it cracked I believe. And good luck to you too!
Old Feb 21st 2018, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

chris76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi is there any advancemnt on this yet?

i keep hearing things on the news all the time but cant keep up with it all

thanks
Old Feb 21st 2018, 7:16 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

If you are a permanent resident at the time of Brexit, but you become eligible for S1 coverage after Brexit, you will still be able to get S1 health cover.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

If you are a permanent resident at the time of Brexit, but you become eligible for S1 coverage after Brexit, you will still be able to get S1 health cover.
champion,thanks fred so does that apply to schooling as well?

so thats decided unless they change their minds of course.?

so if resident before brexit the whole family can stay with full state rights?
Old Feb 21st 2018, 8:28 pm

If you are already a resident schooling should not be a problem.

The problem is, as I have said on other threads, is that UK government talks about rights being retained for people who have permanent residency without defining what that means. As far as EU law is concerned, you become a permanent resident after 5 years.

If you have been resident for 5 years I cannot see any problems and I can’t see any problems with the Spanish end as they have every reason to want us to stay with as many rights as possible.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

newpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond repute

Can you show link where this has been agreed?
Cheers
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 6:43 am

I dont have a link as the information was in an email from the Dept of Health in response to an enquiry I made to the Dept for Exiting the EU.

This is the text in full.

Thank you for your correspondence of 17 December to the Department for Exiting the EU about the S1 form after the UK leaves the EU. As the matter you raise relates to healthcare, your correspondence has been passed to the Department for Health and Social Care and I have been asked to reply.

I appreciate your concerns.

The UK Government appreciates the importance of retaining existing reciprocal healthcare arrangements with the EU and has been clear in the negotiations that it wants to see the continuation of these arrangements when the UK leaves the EU. This includes healthcare rights for state pensioners (known as the S1 route), the European Health Insurance Card and planned treatment.

In September, the UK and the EU reached an initial, wide-ranging agreement in principle to protect reciprocal healthcare rights for anyone who is permanently resident in another member state on Exit Day. This includes people who are of state pension age, and those who are not yet of state pension age once they start drawing their UK state pension. This commitment was further reiterated in the Joint Report agreed by the UK Government and the European Commission, which was published on 8 December.

This means that any UK-insured person of UK state pension age and permanently resident in the EU on Exit Day will continue to access reciprocal healthcare rights as they draw their UK state pension.

Since you currently live in Spain as a UK state pensioner on a permanent residency basis and intend to do so on Exit Day, the agreement reached with the European Commission is applicable to you.

I hope this reply is helpful.

Yours sincerely,

Ola Adigun
Ministerial Correspondence and Public Enquiries
Department of Health and Social Care

----------------------------------------------------------------
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:38 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Fred for all of your efforts to keep us informed.

Rosemry
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

so theres nothing in any small print to stay you must have been resident for x amount of time before the day we leave?

we could move out there a month before we leave get our paperwork in order themn be allowed to stay and then after 5 years could apply for permenant residency
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We attended a Brexit seminar yesterday that was arranged by the British Consulate (Alicante). She gave a lengthy speech about expat rights, after Brexit, including healthcare etc etc.
She stated that anyone who was "Legal" in Spain with residencia, healthcare by means of S1 and on the Padron will continue to receive healthcare and pension rights (annual increases) She didn't mention permanent residency until later at question time.

So I understand from that, that if expats have been here, say, for 3 years and "Legal" on Brexit day 2019 then they will retain all rights they have now.

I might have misunderstood something along the way but after the usual chitchat between us after the meeting we all seemed to agree.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.