Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bit of a pickle

Bit of a pickle

Old Jun 12th 2016, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bit of a pickle

Right I have friends coming to visit me on the 23rd of June. Do they change pounds to euros before or wait until they get here ?

Me personally I would change before just to be on the safe side while it's still around 1.25 area.

If we vote stay surely it will sky rocket over night.

They are coming for 6 weeks mind so the extra would make a massive difference to them.
Old Jun 12th 2016, 8:06 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bit of a pickle

Hola

Split your bets - get some before and then use your debit card while here to get cash out

Davexf
Old Jun 15th 2016, 4:18 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom
Right I have friends coming to visit me on the 23rd of June. Do they change pounds to euros before or wait until they get here ?

Me personally I would change before just to be on the safe side while it's still around 1.25 area.

They are coming for 6 weeks mind so the extra would make a massive difference to them.
About the best you can hope for with a remain vote is that the pound will recover its recent losses. But if it goes to leave, then we'll see a dramatic downward selloff.

So best bet is to buy now.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

?
Attached Thumbnails Bit of a pickle-computer-shopper-crystal-ball.jpg  
Old Jun 15th 2016, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Blass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really niceBlass is just really nice

Originally Posted by Albir_Tom

The bookies have it 15/8 remain 6/4 leave.

I personally would buy now.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 7:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you missed the boat when it went back above 1.30 a couple of weeks ago. I was reading today that if the vote is for out the pound will fall rapidly against both dollar and the Euro. However there is speculation that it may well rapidly make gains against the Euro as a vote for UK to leave will weaken the EU. They said that that could be by the Monday after the result. Not my theory just what I read. As for polls? I am in the UK and there is a lot of outers voicing their opinions that's for sure. I think we will only know on the morning of the 24th.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Albir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond reputeAlbir_Tom has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all.

Yes me personally would change the money asap.

Getting 1.24 is certainly better than getting parity.

I can't believe a Brexit is imminent solely on the basis of immigration.

It will effect so many other things that will affect people's lives in different ways mainly financially.

Immigration didn't ruin the UK the government who allowed the immigration in the first place ruined the UK but people don't look at it that way do they. The damage is already done leaving europe and closing the borders now isn't going to make the UK a great place to live at all.

Voting Brexit isn't going to make the 3 bedroom council house with 8 Somalian people living in it next door dissapear they are already there to stay and that is that why people can't see this is beyond me.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody who believes that they are going to see any evidence that the government has an extra 350 million a week at its disposal (or even the net contribution whatever it happens to be) is barking mad.

As for the exchange rate. I am a believer in moving the money when you need it. If you look back over the exchange rate the past few years, you'll see periods then people getting 1.30 thought they were doing well only to have missed out on 1.42. Unless you're a gambling man, take what you get when you need it.

The pound will drop and then recover. There will be a few volatile days, as long as you can avoid those you'll be ok.