Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

best location in costa blanca???

best location in costa blanca???

Old Apr 27th 2015, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: best location in costa blanca???

I think generally

north of Alicante seems a bit more up market , and a bit South of Alicante more built for the masses

But only generally, dont want to offend any one! my in laws have a place south of Alicante on the La Marina urb and they really like it there

Cheers Tony Agost Alicante
Old Apr 27th 2015, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a bunch Tony, i only have a holiday house in the South!..... just kidding, cant wait to get back out on Sunday it looks like being mid 20's by the weekend...
Old Apr 27th 2015, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

roxypotter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Horlics
Torrevieja is very built-up in places. There are places where there are row after row of townhouses that have a kerb appeal, on a scale of 0 to 10, of 0. Just how horrible it looks has to be seen to be believed. Having seen these buildings and similar I am not surprised that Torrevieja consistently appears at the low end of the price scale.

That said, I am sure there are some nice places to be found there.

I'm just saying why it seems cheap. Some of it is awful.

Thanksagain .

Im intrigued to have a look now.. will visit when im out for sure .

cheers
steve
Old Apr 27th 2015, 10:04 am
Just Joined

timofleeds is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve, we would not want to have property in Torrevieja however we enjoy visiting the place which we think is still very Spanish and not at all a Blackpool in the sun. You could do worse than trying Pilar de la Horadada which is very Spanish and " open " all year or Pinar de Campoverde which has a mixed population with plenty of ex pats. Have a look on Google maps at the position, Campoverde is 10 mins by car to the nearest beach and 20 mins fron San Javier airport. we have a house in Campoverde, visit about 10 times a year and absolutely love it.
Regards Tim
Old Apr 27th 2015, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by timofleeds
Hi Steve, we would not want to have property in Torrevieja however we enjoy visiting the place which we think is still very Spanish and not at all a Blackpool in the sun. You could do worse than trying Pilar de la Horadada which is very Spanish and " open " all year or Pinar de Campoverde which has a mixed population with plenty of ex pats. Have a look on Google maps at the position, Campoverde is 10 mins by car to the nearest beach and 20 mins fron San Javier airport. we have a house in Campoverde, visit about 10 times a year and absolutely love it.
Regards Tim

Cheers..

10 times a year.. thats some travelling.. we hope go out about 4 times a year initially until we move out there permanently... i really cant wait.. ive got a few choices but not sure what go for..

Ive got enough to buy outright with cash or thinkin of having slightly nicer place and having a mortgage on it...

I wanted find out what other people have done.. and my main concern is getting a spanish morgage.. ive heard of 105% morgages on bank repossed propertys.

Steve
Old Apr 27th 2015, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxypotter

I wanted find out what other people have done.. and my main concern is getting a spanish morgage.. ive heard of 105% morgages on bank repossed propertys.

Steve
Bank repossesed properties are sh*t. I have never seen one that I would house a dog in

Standard mortgages in Spain are 80%. meaning you need to fund 30% (the difference plus 10% tax and costs). But normally they will ask for a nómina i.e. proof of a Spanish regular income i.e. work contract or pension. Most lenders will not lend to people who only have overseas income

Pre-crash it was very easy to get a Spanish mortgage, but much more difficult now. Actually the best way of funding for you may be to re-mortgage one of your UK properties or release equity
Old Apr 27th 2015, 10:50 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Regards Tim
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 27th 2015, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cricketman
Bank repossesed properties are sh*t. I have never seen one that I would house a dog in

Standard mortgages in Spain are 80%. meaning you need to fund 30% (the difference plus 10% tax and costs). But normally they will ask for a nómina i.e. proof of a Spanish regular income i.e. work contract or pension. Most lenders will not lend to people who only have overseas income

Pre-crash it was very easy to get a Spanish mortgage, but much more difficult now. Actually the best way of funding for you may be to re-mortgage one of your UK properties or release equity
Thanks again for the advise..

Can i ask why are bank repos so shite.. i mean ive brought a few in the uk and yeah they are run down but built wise they are solid .

We have already discussed remortgaging the house.. which has money in it.. but not sure which route take yet..

There are so many questions and answers so we need get out there

Steve
Old Apr 27th 2015, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxypotter
Thanks again for the advise..

Can i ask why are bank repos so shite.. i mean ive brought a few in the uk and yeah they are run down but built wise they are solid .

We have already discussed remortgaging the house.. which has money in it.. but not sure which route take yet..

There are so many questions and answers so we need get out there

Steve
They tend to be properties at the lowest end of the market i.e. those which the bottom 20% of Spanish society live in. These people have suffered the most in the financial crisis

A lot of these properties have been on the banks booked for 7 years or more, so those which were any good at all would have been snapped up by somebody during this time. What is left over are the ones that nobody will touch with a barge pole.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 11:26 am
Just Joined

timofleeds is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I have witnessed bank repossesions can be any property that has been repossessed by the bank and can be in varying condition. Take a look at Regal Estates ref no RCO358 this is a house near ours it need a fair amount of work to clean it up but is at a very attractive price. It was previously expat owned then rented out and is now on the market. A similar house but with 3 beds on the same street has just sold for €160000. These houses are not on an urbanisation. I have no connection with the above named estate agents and have never dealt with them.
Regards Tim
Old Apr 27th 2015, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cricketman
They tend to be properties at the lowest end of the market i.e. those which the bottom 20% of Spanish society live in. These people have suffered the most in the financial crisis

A lot of these properties have been on the banks booked for 7 years or more, so those which were any good at all would have been snapped up by somebody during this time. What is left over are the ones that nobody will touch with a barge pole.

Cheers.. thanks again
Old Apr 27th 2015, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

From what I have witnessed bank repossesions can be any property that has been repossessed by the bank and can be in varying condition. Take a look at Regal Estates ref no RCO358 this is a house near ours it need a fair amount of work to clean it up but is at a very attractive price. It was previously expat owned then rented out and is now on the market. A similar house but with 3 beds on the same street has just sold for €160000. These houses are not on an urbanisation. I have no connection with the above named estate agents and have never dealt with them.
Regards Tim
Will take a look now...cheers

Steve
Old Apr 27th 2015, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond reputewilsman77 has a reputation beyond repute

Cricketman, have you looked at any of the 2007/8 new build bank repossession properties? The banks are careful to release them is stages so as to not cause a disorderly market. A lot of these new builds are now dated but only when up current new builds. They are still head and shoulders above most of the pine interior used properties on the market of which most have not been updated since the 90's.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wilsman77
Cricketman, have you looked at any of the 2007/8 new build bank repossession properties? The banks are careful to release them is stages so as to not cause a disorderly market. A lot of these new builds are now dated but only when up current new builds. They are still head and shoulders above most of the pine interior used properties on the market of which most have not been updated since the 90's.
Yes I have gone on a number of websites and looked around

The problem with new builds is location and communal services. They are normally in the middle of nowhere and the services such as electricity in the hallways, basic utilities, swimming pools etc may not work or be semi-destroyed

There is no easy win with these properties.

I cannot stress how depressing living in a half-finished building in the middle of nowhere would be. And who knows whether the building would ever get up and running properly. They are still building in Spain, pretty much everywhere! Not as much as before of course, but there are millions and millions of empty houses, some say as many as 6 million. BUT, there are not many great properties in amazing locations. Personally I would spend a lot more on one of them. People with money will always want a great place to live

Last edited by cricketman; Apr 27th 2015 at 12:22 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

tony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura abouttony has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: best location in costa blanca???

Originally Posted by wilsman77
thanks a bunch Tony, i only have a holiday house in the South!..... just kidding, cant wait to get back out on Sunday it looks like being mid 20's by the weekend...
Sorry I was only generalising , there are good and bad places every where !!

The weather isn't great here today , windy and quite cloudy , hope it brightens up for you !!

Cheers Tony Agost Alicante

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.