BBC IPlayer

Old Aug 11th 2017, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBC IPlayer

I have been watching BBC iplayer on my iPad with SmartDNS. It stopped working two days ago although I can still get ITV Hub and Sky catch-up.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Have tried deleting and reinstalling the App but that doesn't work either still shows I am out of the UK.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC IPlayer

[QUOTE=Chiclanagir;12314480]I have been watching BBC iplayer on my iPad with SmartDNS. It stopped working two days ago although I can still get ITV Hub and Sky catch-up.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Have tried deleting and reinstalling the App but that doesn't work either still shows I am out of the UK.[/QUOTE]

I can still get it but they insist I log in using my tv licence number which I don't have
Old Aug 11th 2017, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be pop that you could skip re logging in . I believe they have removed the skip part and you now require to log in.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
There used to be pop that you could skip re logging in . I believe they have removed the skip part and you now require to log in.
Logging in isn't a problem. I have a UK address. It's the fact that it still knows I am outside the UK even with the DNS
Old Aug 11th 2017, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok sorry, you may be able to try a different VPN?
Old Aug 11th 2017, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorted.

A message popped up to say that there had been a problem with SmartDNSProxy but was now resolved. Phew.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 6:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Glad it is sorted out for you
Old Aug 11th 2017, 8:01 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

As a comment, iPlayer gets better all the time. At the moment they are showing the US PGA golf, live and it is not available on BBC TV until very late unless you use the red button. Quality is excellent.

They are also now showing a complete series before it has actually been broadcast - Top of the lake being the latest. The whole series became available when the first episode was broadcast.

They seem to be improving every day.
Old Aug 12th 2017, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fred James
As a comment, iPlayer gets better all the time. At the moment they are showing the US PGA golf, live and it is not available on BBC TV until very late unless you use the red button. Quality is excellent.

They are also now showing a complete series before it has actually been broadcast - Top of the lake being the latest. The whole series became available when the first episode was broadcast.

They seem to be improving every day.
Agree Fred, the iPlayer seems to be continually innovating and improving.
Good for them i say.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biffta
Agree Fred, the iPlayer seems to be continually innovating and improving.
Good for them i say.
Trouble is that iPlayer is so full of bloatware these days that it takes forever to load, even with a fast cable connection
Old Aug 15th 2017, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

terryjune is an unknown quantity at this point

Can i get i player on my laptop then somehow plug into tv, cheers
Old Aug 16th 2017, 5:52 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terryjune
Can i get i player on my laptop then somehow plug into tv, cheers
If your laptop has a HDMI output, and your TV a HDMI input, then you simply use a HDMI cable between the two and use the TV as a screen for your laptop (sometimes you have to press a "function key" to switch between the laptop screenand the HDMI output)
Old Aug 16th 2017, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

terryjune is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you The Guy