British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   BBC IPlayer (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/bbc-iplayer-901516/)

Chiclanagir Aug 11th 2017 2:01 pm

BBC IPlayer

I have been watching BBC iplayer on my iPad with SmartDNS. It stopped working two days ago although I can still get ITV Hub and Sky catch-up.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Have tried deleting and reinstalling the App but that doesn't work either still shows I am out of the UK.

tebo53 Aug 11th 2017 5:26 pm

Re: BBC IPlayer

[QUOTE=Chiclanagir;12314480]I have been watching BBC iplayer on my iPad with SmartDNS. It stopped working two days ago although I can still get ITV Hub and Sky catch-up.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Have tried deleting and reinstalling the App but that doesn't work either still shows I am out of the UK.[/QUOTE]

I can still get it but they insist I log in using my tv licence number which I don't have :o

bobd22 Aug 11th 2017 5:36 pm

There used to be pop that you could skip re logging in . I believe they have removed the skip part and you now require to log in.

Chiclanagir Aug 11th 2017 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 12314687)
There used to be pop that you could skip re logging in . I believe they have removed the skip part and you now require to log in.

Logging in isn't a problem. I have a UK address. It's the fact that it still knows I am outside the UK even with the DNS

bobd22 Aug 11th 2017 6:12 pm

Ok sorry, you may be able to try a different VPN?

Chiclanagir Aug 11th 2017 6:23 pm

Sorted.

A message popped up to say that there had been a problem with SmartDNSProxy but was now resolved. Phew.

bobd22 Aug 11th 2017 6:25 pm

Glad it is sorted out for you

Fred James Aug 11th 2017 8:01 pm

As a comment, iPlayer gets better all the time. At the moment they are showing the US PGA golf, live and it is not available on BBC TV until very late unless you use the red button. Quality is excellent.

They are also now showing a complete series before it has actually been broadcast - Top of the lake being the latest. The whole series became available when the first episode was broadcast.

They seem to be improving every day.

Countryboy1 Aug 12th 2017 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Fred James (Post 12314838)
As a comment, iPlayer gets better all the time. At the moment they are showing the US PGA golf, live and it is not available on BBC TV until very late unless you use the red button. Quality is excellent.

They are also now showing a complete series before it has actually been broadcast - Top of the lake being the latest. The whole series became available when the first episode was broadcast.

They seem to be improving every day.

Agree Fred, the iPlayer seems to be continually innovating and improving.
Good for them i say.

MikeJ Aug 13th 2017 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Biffta (Post 12315088)
Agree Fred, the iPlayer seems to be continually innovating and improving.
Good for them i say.

Trouble is that iPlayer is so full of bloatware these days that it takes forever to load, even with a fast cable connection :(

terryjune Aug 15th 2017 11:01 pm

Can i get i player on my laptop then somehow plug into tv, cheers

The Guy Aug 16th 2017 5:52 am

Originally Posted by terryjune (Post 12317481)
Can i get i player on my laptop then somehow plug into tv, cheers

If your laptop has a HDMI output, and your TV a HDMI input, then you simply use a HDMI cable between the two and use the TV as a screen for your laptop (sometimes you have to press a "function key" to switch between the laptop screenand the HDMI output)

terryjune Aug 16th 2017 9:13 pm

Thank you The Guy