Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Banking/ UK via Spain

Banking/ UK via Spain

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

stevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond reputestevesainty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking/ UK via Spain

We are residents and bank with Sabadell, We enjoy free banking with no transfer fees or annual bank nor credit card fees. The only stipulation is that we pay in a minimum of 700 euros per month.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I have only transferred money spain to uk once and used currencyfair. You are correct there was a charge I think 9 euros to transfer from my Spanish bank to currencyfair bank account. I don't think there is a set fee more a % set by individual Spanish banks.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

TravelBugs is an unknown quantity at this point

I use BBVA in Spain, HSBC Channel Islands (expat account). BBVA Internet accounts have minimal charges, and an English language option on their site. BBVA are quick and efficient and I can not speak highly enough of them.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 2:01 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TravelBugs
I use BBVA in Spain, HSBC Channel Islands (expat account). BBVA Internet accounts have minimal charges, and an English language option on their site. BBVA are quick and efficient and I can not speak highly enough of them.
Sounds a bit like an advert
Old Oct 7th 2017, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

TravelBugs is an unknown quantity at this point

?? Not from me!!; I dislike bankers generally. Not quite sure how I would benefit from recommending either bank, as even if I were a shareholder, which I am not, it would make diddly squat difference to any return. And I certainly don't work for a Spanish or any other bank!!
Old Aug 8th 2018, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

wbrowngala is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OTA63
Thanks guys. I understand that the Royal Bank Of Scotland are part of Barclays Bank yet they say I must have a UK address and there are difficulties with transferring to a Spanish bank. Concerns over money laundering they said.
I cannot see how transferring pension payments can be in any way confused with a money laundering operation.
Based on what you have all told me, I'll get my pension, my wife's pension and my superann pension paid direct into a Spanish account and my private pension into a UK bank for emergencies. That should work shouldn't it??
Bryan

i think you can bank in UK as eu citizen living abroad and I live in Scotland and I bank in Ireland (republic) and there’s no problem and I was told it’s eu law to allow this to happen. I have looked at Spanish banks and the Spanish language is the downside but some bank do offer accounts to UK residents and I have link with Monese an account available in UK and Europe with UK account and eurozone account and you can pay money in to the UK account transfer over to eurozone account and you get top rates if the top rate is £1 to €1.14 you get that for your money and they just added premium feature so you pay €14.95 if your main account is eurozone and I think this is cheaper as if you choose UK as main account it’s £14.95 so you see that if you have money in pound account and not in eurozone you pay less in pound for fee if your main account is eurozone and I think there’s a better reason for that issue but other than that there’s no reason
Old Nov 15th 2018, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

LynsayMc is an unknown quantity at this point

Is an IBAN or SWIFT code needed to transfer money from a Spanish bank account to a UK bank account or is it just the normal sort code and account number that will do?

can anyone help?
Old Nov 15th 2018, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

IBAN and also sometimes Swift