Old Jul 15th 2016, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

stephen1962 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default banking gib

hi does anyone living or owning property in spain use a bank in gib
wondered how the service and charges compare
Old Jul 15th 2016, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: banking gib

There is only one UK High Street bank left in Gib

NatWest

Branch locator | NatWest International

There is also the new Gibraltar International Bank

https://www.gibintbank.gi/

Natwest do accept customers from Spain but I am not sure of the situation with GibBank

I suggest you contact both of them for better details

There are other banks but I believe they will cost
Old Jul 15th 2016, 4:58 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephen1962
hi does anyone living or owning property in spain use a bank in gib
wondered how the service and charges compare
... but you'll still need a Spanish bank to pay utility bills surely? Most companies don't accept 'foreign' banks.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
... but you'll still need a Spanish bank to pay utility bills surely? Most companies don't accept 'foreign' banks.
You can open any account in the SEPA for direct debits, I have account with www.number26.de highly recommended, no charges for anything in Europe.

You can open online, shame the UK is so regulated you can not do the same
Old Jul 19th 2016, 5:17 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
You can open any account in the SEPA for direct debits, I have account with www.number26.de highly recommended, no charges for anything in Europe.

You can open online, shame the UK is so regulated you can not do the same
And you pay the likes of Iberdrola through that bank?

I only ask because they told me it HAD to be a Spanish bank in Spain.

By-the-way;
Just tried to open an account (or at least look at the fine print) and it won't allow someone resident in Spain to open one.

Last edited by snikpoh; Jul 19th 2016 at 5:26 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

By-the-way;
Just tried to open an account (or at least look at the fine print) and it won't allow someone resident in Spain to open one.
Hello, there is a issue with Spain right now, I just chat with them on facebook for you but before no problem, they expect it to be resolved soon (not hours but maybe a month or so)

But yes, wait and you can open. I have 2 accounts with them, but yes any account in the SEPA you can have direct debit, I have my electric from this account, (it is with Fenie Energia) they take the electric from Iberdrola so....

On Iberdrola website it says they have to comply with any account in SEPA

SEPA

https://www.iberdrola.es/clientes/au.../domiciliacion
Old Jul 19th 2016, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
There is only one UK High Street bank left in Gib

NatWest

Branch locator | NatWest International

There is also the new Gibraltar International Bank

https://www.gibintbank.gi/

Natwest do accept customers from Spain but I am not sure of the situation with GibBank

I suggest you contact both of them for better details

There are other banks but I believe they will cost
Do banks in Gib have account number and sort code like UK, or is just IBAN ?
Old Jul 20th 2016, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Do banks in Gib have account number and sort code like UK, or is just IBAN ?
Yes Natwest 60-60-60 Gibraltar International Bank 60-83-14

Others of European origin do not

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jul 20th 2016 at 7:03 am. Reason: Sort codes added
Old Jul 21st 2016, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

By-the-way;
the reply for you..you may already have the same....

Hey!

First of all, thank you for your patience. Seriously.

We previously reached out to you about your status on our wait list, and we can finally share a more concrete timeline.

All of you will be able to sign up for an account in November. We realize this is a long time to wait, and we do sincerely apologize. We're doing everything we can in the meantime to add new features and services, and we hope that you'll find that it was worth the wait.

Earlier this week we achieved official recognition as a licensed bank by the European Central Bank, which means we can power our product with our own bank throughout Europe. In the spirit of reducing complexity, we're also simplifying our brand. We're now officially called N26, and you can see our new logo above.