Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Badajoz, Jerez de los Caballeros, Llerena, Cadiz, Huelva, Cortegana, Rosal de la F

Badajoz, Jerez de los Caballeros, Llerena, Cadiz, Huelva, Cortegana, Rosal de la F

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Sancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to allSancho is a name known to all
Question Badajoz, Jerez de los Caballeros, Llerena, Cadiz, Huelva, Cortegana, Rosal de la F

I'm preparing a trip through Portugal and south-west Spain for later in the year and I wondered if anyone might be able to help. Things to see, places to avoid, local wines, obscure monuments, decent cheap hotels... I'd be very grateful for any tips and advice.

I've asked on the Portuguese forum about the Portuguese parts.

If all goes well, the route will be more or less as per the thread heading: coming from Portugal to Badajoz, then Olivenza, Jerez de los Caballeros, Llerena, Cadiz, Huelva, Cortegana, Rosal de la Frontera, then back into Portugal.

I'll be travelling where possible by local buses and trains. I think I've worked out most of the timetables from the net (Renfe, Alsa, Deutsche Bahn), but there are some bits that look as if they might be a problem - e.g. Jerez de los Caballeros to Llerena, and getting back over the border at Rosal de la Frontera. The bus seems to stop in the town, then you get a taxi for a few kilometres, then there's another bus to Serpa.