Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

the attitudes of brexit and holidaymakers

the attitudes of brexit and holidaymakers

Old May 24th 2017, 8:28 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the attitudes of brexit and holidaymakers

Carvoeiro, do you wish me to close the thread?

Rosemary
Old May 24th 2017, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rosemary
could we please give it one more day to see if anyone gives a genuine reply to the question -
for example - i was in a bar and brexit kids were causing trouble winding everyone up
or - we rented to Brit holiday makers and they sympathised and hoped brexit wouldn't ruin our lives
i'm happy to get positive or negative answers - or if you haven't personally encountered any differences - why answer at all - unless of course you want to cause trouble
i asked in Spain because you have the volume of tourists that might give some real data
Old May 24th 2017, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
Thanks Rosemary
could we please give it one more day to see if anyone gives a genuine reply to the question -
for example - i was in a bar and brexit kids were causing trouble winding everyone up
or - we rented to Brit holiday makers and they sympathised and hoped brexit wouldn't ruin our lives
i'm happy to get positive or negative answers - or if you haven't personally encountered any differences - why answer at all - unless of course you want to cause trouble
i asked in Spain because you have the volume of tourists that might give some real data
the poster didn't throw a pebble in and stand back at all
i asked a simple question - does anyone have any personal experience of an apparent difference in attitude of British tourists since Brexit - i asked here because you are the biggest tourist market - i qualified this by asking the reversve and saying has the Spanish attitutude towards Brits changed
i asked because i have owned holiday lets in the past and am currently considering the same again
Why haven't i commented because no one made any attempt to answer
i had abuse from a few Brexit people - pointless drivel frankly
then it went so off track i didn't see the point in getting involved

i really did simply want any evidence of personal experiences - good or bad
Old May 24th 2017, 8:47 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
the poster didn't throw a pebble in and stand back at all
i asked a simple question - does anyone have any personal experience of an apparent difference in attitude of British tourists since Brexit - i asked here because you are the biggest tourist market - i qualified this by asking the reversve and saying has the Spanish attitutude towards Brits changed
i asked because i have owned holiday lets in the past and am currently considering the same again
Why haven't i commented because no one made any attempt to answer
i had abuse from a few Brexit people - pointless drivel frankly
then it went so off track i didn't see the point in getting involved

i really did simply want any evidence of personal experiences - good or bad
Probably no-one has the answer to your question, it's unlikely that anyone would ask if their visitor supports Brexit or not, they will just be a customer and their political or referendum support will make no difference to them and they are unlikely to volunteer it unless you ask the specific question
Old May 24th 2017, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

To refer to replies as pointless drivel I actually find rather rude. It was pointed out very early in the thread what the likely course of the thread would be. I have nothing more to add to this thread.
Old May 24th 2017, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Probably no-one has the answer to your question, it's unlikely that anyone would ask if their visitor supports Brexit or not, they will just be a customer and their political or referendum support will make no difference to them and they are unlikely to volunteer it unless you ask the specific question
mike - sorry - but why answer - you're inventing and answering your question not mine

if the answer to this question of 'have you had any PERSONAL experience'
was total silence that would SPEAK VOLUmES and give me a perfectly acceptable answer - that so far its made no difference
Old May 24th 2017, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobd22
To refer to replies as pointless drivel I actually find rather rude. It was pointed out very early in the thread what the likely course of the thread would be. I have nothing more to add to this thread.
again - why answer - its pointless arrogant and beyond rude to have such a high opinion of yourself
Old May 24th 2017, 8:56 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

OK enough is enough, thread closed.

Rosemary