Reload this Page >

Anyone travelling to the UK?

Anyone travelling to the UK?

Old Aug 15th 2017, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Sarah2424 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone travelling to the UK?

Hello

I need to get back to the UK (relationship has broken down) and that would be fine, but I have my dog here and i just can't leave her.
Is anyone travelling back (soon) that would be willing to help me, i could pay. Please could you get in touch. I have been intouch with companies but i either cant travel with her or they are fully booked for months.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 8:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone travelling to the UK?

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Aug 15th 2017, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you give an idea of your location? You CAN take dogs on Brittany ferries and could go as a foot passenger (with Fido) to keep costs down. That applies to the 'Economie' service as well. BUT no one will take the dog without a 'Passport' and full inoculation records etc. They WILL check.

I am sorry to hear of your problems, hope it all works out for you, better times to come I hope.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Hello lurchio
Thank you for your reply.
Sorry I am not thinking straight.
I am in xativa. I will look into the ferries. I didn't realise that I could go as a foot passenger with a dog. I have a pet passport and all inoculations are up to date. Thank you for your advise and prompt response very kind of you. Sarah
Old Aug 15th 2017, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

When I asked about walk on passengers on the ferry and a dog I was told no not allowed. That was a few years ago but believe it is still the same.

Sorry about your current situation.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi

Yes I have just checked that is still the case. Thank you for your response.
Yes it is a very awkward situation and I would fly back tomorrow but i just can't leave my dog she is such a darling.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Lincoln45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Depending on the size of your dog.

On the DFDS website.

Newhaven - Dieppe route foot passengers may carry a pet in a suitable cage.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see any problem here. You're mostly not allowed to walk on to the ferry with the dog but all you do is go to reception and sort out the pet carrier. They just take the dog on the ferry for you.